The Nexus 2.5 Millionth Member Competition

Dark0ne

Question:

First, I haven't read all comments. Second, I found out about this yesterday.

EDIT: PS: I emphasize "our mods" a lot because what I remember reading is you talking about not using resources from "not our mods". Although that quote is actually a paraphrase, that's the impression I got, so it basically an unasked question within these questions.

Question 1: When you say that we can not use content from another mod, I am of course assuming this is with permissions, however, what if we use modder resources in which aren't originally from any mod at all? Such as Hel Borne's models that he gives in Zip with no mod attached?

2: What about resources that we helped to develop, and even though technically they are used in a mod, they are used in a mod in which we have uploaded under our name, with the permissions of the resource developer. Such as the Alchemic Sink mod I have uploaded. (Funny story, I insisted on him uploading either the mod version, available optional mod version, and or just giving him the script to put in the Zip. But he insisted, continually, that since I made the script, my contribution to his works should be uploaded under my name. This was well before he went hiatus. I still feel bad about it. :( I miss my good friend Hel Borne...)

3: What about resources that are entirely our own from our own different mods that are uploaded under our name? And or resources in which were planned for a mod, that we did not make yet, yet was made for us, and only we have it, and it is not in a mod yet, even though it's awesome and a couple years old.

Youtube.com/ranokoa (The summoned gate vid is the resource in this particular question.)

Number 4: Does anybody know a website with free, legal .mp3 sound effects which aren't crummy, downloadable, editable, (legally editable) and may contain musics with the electronic guitar playing a very quick, wordless beat that is obviously meant to trigger a suspenseful and intense emotion? And if so, would it be okay to use those resources in this competition? (If not, I need it anyways. I have "optional plugin" ideas that expand completely around the work I have planned for the competition for AFTER the competition. There are certain things I can do without in release for the comp., but eventually I want them done.

Be well, sleep well, fight well, live long.

~Ranokoa

Edited by Ranokoa

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that the rules mean no other peoples' work. If you made the resource yourself, you can use it. Doesn't matter what it was made for. It might be a bit fuzzy if you worked with someone else making said resource.

Project Oblivion assets eh :P

Concerning that gate, I think it's simple courtesy to ask Gdarknight , as I think it's mostly the script you need. Scripts are always a bit shrouded as in permission. Going deep into it, it's mostly the placement factor that'll save you time on having access to the script of the spell. Another option than using Gdarknight's assets is to recreate it yourself with some help of people knowledgeable of OBSE placement, without the script of gdarknight as reference. I don't think that would be an issue in that case.

(Hm the date of that video. Has it been over 1,5 year already? Time goes quickly my friend :) )

• 2 months later...
So just wondering whats the status of this, we still have a bit to go to get to 2.5 m members but no one has talked much. (Just wondering about, when a upload location will be posted and other such things) Not that there is any hurry.

I understand, I have told no one what I am working on either, tho I do wish I had a partner as scripting/questing is not my strongest thing. I'm mainly a move building around/create a building guy. Got a sliding door thingy that can't quite get to work right.(not that I am gonna talk or give away much) sometimes the door works sometimes it does not weird tho not the first item I've found that does this. (not that I am requesting help with the door just thought I'd let you know about this odd thing)