The Nexus 2.5 Millionth Member Competition

Dark0ne

Yeah, you can do that. It was done last time as well.

I have a question regarding the contest: I need to use a picture from DA:O or DA2 for the mod, but I don't have DA2 and DA:O is buried in a dorm somewhere. Would I be allowed to use a screenshot from someone else who has it or use a promotional desktop/image from the developers?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Would I be allowed to use a screenshot from someone else who has it or use a promotional desktop/image from the developers?

Using the game publisher's promotional material should be fine, as long as the actual content is also contained "in-game" so that, should anyone want to use your mod, that part is available to them the same way any other original game content would be to make your mod work "as advertised". :smile:

The key is that the screenshot or other material isn't somehow restricted (by permissions or location.)

What do you mean by in-game? There aren't any DA2 promotional images in Oblivion, I don't think.

Well, now I'm baffled. You need to use DA:O/DA2 materials for your Oblivion mod? Ummm... No, I don't think that would be allowed at all. EA still holds the copyrights for their material, and while, like Bethesda, they allow use of that material in mods for their games, they haven't said it's ok to use them in OTHER companies' games.

(Bethesda is even more restrictive in that one can't port materials between some of their games, whereas BioWare/EA seems cool with porting mods from DA:O into DA2. At least, there are several such mods already posted on their site. :thumbsup: )

What about if I use a screenshot from the game I take myself?

Still baffled. Do you want to use a screenshot from DA:O as an "advertisement" for an Oblivion mod, or as an integral part of the mod itself, or what?