Skyrim is going to be dumbed down.

antonkr

After hearing the removing of mysticism and making even less skills I have a feeling the game is going to be dumbed down. Why? because instead of making it epic for people who are smart enough to play it devs will surely try to attract more young generation and make it easier. You know how much hype they are creating? Hype never guarantees good game. Remember how much hype black ops had and how bad it was? I think guys we are setting ourselves are for much disappointment.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you asked yourself what you really know about this game? It might be actually... nothing. :biggrin:

I know, i know, nothing is big and most poeple cannot wrap their head around it.

Edited by Nadimos

Wait, I lost you, so because they merged some superfluous skills into larger categories, it's dumbed down?Also, adding blacksmithing, woodcutting, cooking, mining, dual wielding, random quests, dragons and their player side, the dragon shouting doesn't make up for a few really, seriously empty/incomplete skills(mercantile AND speechcraft, athletics AND acrobatics, etc.) being merged, not even cut, but merged?

Well still how much can you merge if you are adding that much?

Well yea you guys might be right.

I just have the feeling that looking at the pattern of how hard daggerfall was to how hard morrowind was and how hard oblivion was its not a scale that is going up. lets hope they don't screw up.

I get your viewpoint, it's like oblivion where the interface got optimized for xbox users and that 'strange things' got removed with oblivion as well to loose a bit of the 'fantasy' part and point more to a sword 'n magic game (just look at the types of creatures). It's not that they'll not add nice things. It's the fact what their focus is and how much that affects the game vs. old habits/stuff we liked being focused at us instead of everyone, everything and more sales :P.

I get your viewpoint, it's like oblivion where the interface got optimized for xbox users and that 'strange things' got removed with oblivion as well to loose a bit of the 'fantasy' part and point more to a sword 'n magic game (just look at the types of creatures). It's not that they'll not add nice things. It's the fact what their focus is and how much that affects the game vs. old habits/stuff we liked being focused at us instead of everyone, everything and more sales :P.

Exactly. Oblivion was dumbed down and lost a lot of features that were possible for pc that weren't possible for consoles.

On a lighter note however, I have read that they aim for much more diversity in "dungeons" and the like, which harkens back to Morrowind.In Morrowind there was Quality, in Oblivion there was, well quantity of dungeons, and in Skyrim, I hope they will find some balance of the two.

Now wait just a minute, given Beths reputation for making a damn good game, how could you say they are hyping it up? Sure, yes, Beth is not the best with a storyline, but we've all seen what they can do with enviorments, secrets, and stunning backstories that make up for such a little loss. We've seen this with Fallout 3 Oblivion and beyond. Beth knows how to make a game, and they won't fail us now. We've waited for four years afterall...