ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Crossdressing glitches?

Mud Crab Carl

I guess general is as good a place for this as any, considering that it isn't a request or a mod...

Let me be frank.

I don't like any of them men's clothing in vanilla Oblivion.

It's bulky, dirty looking, and unpleasant.

Many of my male characters are designed with the term "trap" in mind, and the clothing does not at all match them.

I am unable to fix this problem with modding because I don't know the first thing about it.

I can't even get the console command to work because I can't find a way to enable it while using a vista operating system.

Are there any glitches that swap out the vanilla male version of a piece of clothing with a female one?

I'm getting desperate and I can only imagine my kajhit in a pretty princess dress for so long before I get sick of the unflattering red silk robe.

I appreciate any and all help immensely. :happy:

If you use Windows Vista, there is a mod that you can use to activate console codes: Ring of Console

Here is a mod with a Shivering Isles dress changed so it can be worn by a man: VGO0MaleFinery

I know that LowerShirt03, the Huntsman's Vest, which is a vest on men, and a fur bikini top with shoulder pads on women, can be modded in the CS with no use of Blender to make it so that a man can wear it.

If you use Windows Vista, there is a mod that you can use to activate console codes: Ring of Console

Here is a mod with a Shivering Isles dress changed so it can be worn by a man: VGO0MaleFinery

I know that LowerShirt03, the Huntsman's Vest, which is a vest on men, and a fur bikini top with shoulder pads on women, can be modded in the CS with no use of Blender to make it so that a man can wear it.

I really do appreciate your attempt to help, but I can't even figure out how to install a mod (ex the ring of console or that mod) in my game.

I thought I made that clear in this statement;

I am unable to fix this problem with modding because I don't know the first thing about it.

But I guess not.

Thank you for being helpful in any case, but I can't use mods.

Edited by Mud Crab Carl

I don't know how to get my point across without sounding disrespectful, so if I do please excuse me.

I can not use mods for this.

I haven't the first clue how to navigate my program files, and those tutorials only muddle and confuse the situation further.

I am not anywhere near as technologically savvy as I would like to be and there is no way to get around it.

I've tried endlessly to figure out how to download and work with mods, construction sets, mod managers, Wrye bashes, and anything else I've seen mentioned on forums with the same general questions that I need answered, but I can't figure out a damn single thing because it isn't written with Vista in mind.

I've looked through vista tutorials as well and they are just as confusing.

At the moment mods are out of both the question and my reach.

(I'm going to see if I can find someone in my local area to teach me all that I need to know as far as modding goes.)

I'm asking for glitches.

Something already in the game that I can manipulate into doing what I want.

For instance pick pocketing an NPC, looting a glitched wardrobe, or picking something up that just happens to be sitting around.

Is there one or more way to go about wearing the female version of a piece of clothing on a male model without messing around with coding?

Thank you.

There are no glitches that let you crossdress. However, it isn't vista's fault that you can't use mods, I have vista and everything works fine. So, you're either trapped in your male clothing or you learn to download mods. Or, I suppose, you could just make a really manly looking girl.

As for glitch: Depends on what clothes your character wearing. If the clothes covers whole body, you won't have problem other than changed body shape. However, if the clothes reveals portion of skin, you may see texture problem(namely 'nipples on thigh'), but it depends on what body replacers you're using. I'm sure you won't have much problem if you're using Robert's male and female body replacers, since their UV mapping is almost same. If you're using other female body replacer, you may have skin texture problem.

Oh yeah, check this finery, although looks like it's for vanilla body.

Edited by LFact

You ought to bite the bullet and learn how to install mods. If you can't do that, maybe you should go play some other video game.

First off, you need to defeat Vista.

STEP ONE: Reinstall Oblivion to C:\Games, or anyplace else you like so long as it is not in C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks

The reason for doing this is that Vista has a misguided security system and it sees mods as malware set to damage and destroy your computer, so it stops them in their tracks. Program Files is the directory with high security. Move your stuff out of that directory and Vista will mostly leave you alone.

Most mods are incredibly easy to install. You just take the compressed file and decompress it to your Oblivion\Data folder so that your file structure looks like:

C:\Games\Oblivion\Data\AACoolMod.esp

C:\Games\Oblivion\Data\meshes\AACoolMod\AACoolModSword.nif

C:\Games\Oblivion\Data\textures\AACoolMod\AACoolModSwordTexture.dds

One drag and drop will do it.

Then you can compare the directory structure of the compressed downloaded file to what you have in your Oblivion directory structure to be sure that it is exactly the same and that you did not drag and drop to the wrong spot.

Read the readme files! They usually tell you exactly how to install the mod. If they do not, then they are bad mods and you probably should not dare to play them.

Edited by David Brasher