Fallout 4 announced with teaser trailer

Dark0ne

Am I alone in realizing one of the obvious background intentions of this trailer was to show off that at least some interiors exist in the exterior game world? (Hallelujah!) The whole first scene, where windows to the outside are shown, then a dog enters and later exits, is designed to imply this. Similar love-letters to the mod community are sprinkled throughout if you just watch for them. (Decent Distant LoD is unfortunately not among these.)

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps that suit is all destroyed/repaired because you have some sort of Enclave background, whether you directly or your family. Something to do with the collapse of the Enclave after Fallout 3. With the Enclave being known to be hunted down in the West perhaps things are different in the East, or not of course.

In response to post #25797794. #25798354, #25798434, #25798464, #25798514, #25798679, #25799184, #25799229, #25799374, #25799499, #25799539, #25800024, #25801399, #25801859 are all replies on the same post.

TomSawyer wrote: Old character models. OMG!
jim_uk wrote: http://i.imgur.com/H3GoOUG.png

I'm hoping the character models aren't finished or it's pre rendered because that doesn't look good.
Drinx wrote: It's bethesda we are talking about. Should be happy we don't get Oblivion models xD
KeltecRFB wrote: Remember guys, the game has to run on most rigs and not only top of the line.
jim_uk wrote: @Drinx They can use the Oblivion models for various mutants. I'm going to be positive and assume they're not finished and that's why they concentrated on the dog.
ArekkusuStorm wrote: Well, if you think about it, the opening cinematic for New Vegas was the same deal (for me at least), Benny looked plastic-y. Then I got in-game and everything looked better.
StenDarker wrote: You'd rather have squeezeface than ken doll?
BillNyeTheScienceGuy wrote: Pre-rendered :P Everything shall look fine.

And then the EnB/Texture MLG modders shall come forth and blow it out of the water as always.
mortis venunum wrote: beautiful dog !
KiCHo666 wrote: IF the game will be moddable.
This talk about ID Tech engine got me worried.
jim_uk wrote: It had me worried too but there is an editor for RAGE so all this talk of it not being moddable wasn't right, that said I have no idea how capable it is.
KiCHo666 wrote: Well, if they reintroduce paid mods, they better release some badass game editor and Nif (if it's gonna be used) maker/editor.
macintroll wrote: This is NOT a ID6 engine ^^
KiCHo666 wrote: If trailer was made with Creation engine (modified probably) itself, then I'm actually impressed with graphic and animations considering what engine is used.

Yeah, look at the background, it's no different to Skyrim.

http://i.imgur.com/9CGRXJk.png

In response to post #25808104.

GnatGoSplat wrote:

In response to post #25806069.
I don't think that there will be a predefined protagonist because we always got the option to make our own character in the Fallout series and after all the options that Skyrim offered regarding the character creation they wont just erase this process of creating your own and unique character.
But still the fact that the "protagonist" in the video spoke is quite troublesome. Hopefully it was only for the video and not the game.

I hope you're right. I'm just thinking about games like Dragon Age: Origins for example, it was possible to create a character of any race, any name, and wear any outfit. Then in DA2, the character became fully voiced and it was possible to only create a human race character named Hawke who could only wear certain outfits. So sometimes game developers do go backwards.

I don't dislike fully-voiced characters, but sometimes the voice doesn't fit the personality I envisioned for my character. If the character has to be fully voiced, I hope there is at least some choice in voice as in Saints Row games.

True that sometimes they don't fit with what you imagine your character as. I'm a bit worried about that part also, although mostly just a personal thing for me. But, I can't see why they can't have a fully voiced character and still keep a unique, player-designed character. Mass Effect did it. Dragon Age Inquisition did it. Bethesda is known for letting you make your character however you feel like it, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. If you are, wait for E3. They'll be releasing gameplay footage there, so it should clear everything up :)

In response to post #25809369. #25809884 is also a reply to the same post.

frogzilla98 wrote: I feel like I'm in a club of eight who like the fact that the Protagonist may have a voice.

#championofkirkwall
Traditionalfire wrote: DA2 will always be my favorite Dragon Age.

Just a lowly refugee, your champion arrived
Brown shores of Ferelden fade to Kirkwall's buzzing hive
Rose above the poverty and rose above the pain
My friend became the savior of the white city of chains Edited by frogzilla98

In response to post #25809369. #25809884, #25811279 are all replies on the same post.

frogzilla98 wrote: I feel like I'm in a club of eight who like the fact that the Protagonist may have a voice.

#championofkirkwall
frogzilla98 wrote: Just a lowly refugee, your champion arrived
My friend became the savior of the white city of chains

Seriously, though. How do you feel about the protagonist having a voice?

In response to post #25809369. #25809884, #25811279, #25811379 are all replies on the same post.

#championofkirkwall
frogzilla98 wrote: Seriously, though. How do you feel about the protagonist having a voice?

I'm against the idea. I'm planning to really involve myself with learning to create mod content starting with FO4, and this makes it really hard to make it immersive. Doesn't it feel wrong to you if you can speak normally to one NPC, but then you suddenly become mute whenever you speak to a modded NPC?

In response to post #25809369. #25809884, #25811279, #25811379, #25811454 are all replies on the same post.

#championofkirkwall
frogzilla98 wrote: Seriously, though. How do you feel about the protagonist having a voice?
Rioplats wrote: I'm against the idea. I'm planning to really involve myself with learning to create mod content starting with FO4, and this makes it really hard to make it immersive. Doesn't it feel wrong to you if you can speak normally to one NPC, but then you suddenly become mute whenever you speak to a modded NPC?

Honestly, the trailer makes it look like it's not modifiable at all, but hopefully that's just because it's pre-rendered.

In response to post #25809369. #25809884, #25811279, #25811379, #25811454, #25811619 are all replies on the same post.

#championofkirkwall
Rioplats wrote: I'm against the idea. I'm planning to really involve myself with learning to create mod content starting with FO4, and this makes it really hard to make it immersive. Doesn't it feel wrong to you if you can speak normally to one NPC, but then you suddenly become mute whenever you speak to a modded NPC?
Thviker wrote: Honestly, the trailer makes it look like it's not modifiable at all, but hopefully that's just because it's pre-rendered.

No way, I refuse to believe that Bethesda has given up modding... It looks like a boosted version of the Creation/Gamebryo engine, so it should be moddable, right?