Fallout 4 announced with teaser trailer

Dark0ne

I like how, every single time a new Bethesda game is announced, people complain about how dated the game looks, like frigging clockwork. Personally, I'm just happy we got what looks like a small upgrade from Skyrim, and (finally) some lighting and animation systems that look halfway decent.

As for the intro. Perhaps it's just me, but I always wanted to see a glimpse of the two hour war as it was happening, even if it is just for a short intro.

My only questions are: Can this be modded? How easily can this be modded? Will paid modding return?

Edited by Guest

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I didn't expect so much salt in these comments. I think the game looks great, a definite step-up in graphics, presentation, and architecture. I can't wait to see what new mechanics and gameplay changes they've implemted, because that's whats really gonna matter to me. So excited!

.... The graphics look fine to me, what i'm more excited to know about is the gameplay. Hopefully, the combat is good...

What I'm really, really, hoping for is that you're still able to pan the 3rd person camera around your char while he/she is moving. I was so bummed that Skyrim took that away.

In response to post #25804359.

Vicalliose wrote: I like how, every single time a new Bethesda game is announced, people complain about how dated the game looks, like frigging clockwork. Personally, I'm just happy we got what looks like a small upgrade from Skyrim, and (finally) some lighting and animation systems that look halfway decent.

As for the intro. Perhaps it's just me, but I always wanted to see a glimpse of the two hour war as it was happening, even if it is just for a short intro.

My only questions are: Can this be modded? How easily can this be modded? Will paid modding return?

I haven't heard anything about the modding capabilities for this game, it would surprise me however if the game ISN'T moddable.

As for paid mods, might happen, may not happen, lets hope it's the former.

In response to post #25804359. #25804779 is also a reply to the same post.

Vicalliose wrote: I like how, every single time a new Bethesda game is announced, people complain about how dated the game looks, like frigging clockwork. Personally, I'm just happy we got what looks like a small upgrade from Skyrim, and (finally) some lighting and animation systems that look halfway decent.

Traditionalfire wrote: I haven't heard anything about the modding capabilities for this game, it would surprise me however if the game ISN'T moddable.

As for paid mods, might happen, may not happen, lets hope it's the former.

Hah, wholeheartedly agree with those first two paragraphs.

As for modding, I've read some people reporting that the engine should technically make modding easier with better/more structured coding/scripting that's less of clusterf*#@. That would definitely make sense from a development point of view given the past experiences.

And as I have noted elsewhere: I highly doubt Bethesda would make an FO (or TES) game non-moddable, that would release a gigantic shitstorm that would probably hit them financially. I'm also pretty sure that Beth have embraced and acknowledged the importance of the modding community in those games.

As for payment mods, no idea. Although I would also question whether that is necessarily super relevant for the Nexus. There's tons of talented modders that roam around here and I doubt payment structures would get them to abandon the Nexus. I also favor the ideas of Dark0ne regarding donations and the like possibly building on that in the future as an option. Edited by JianXintou

I'm apparently the only person how is actually extreme cynical about this. The trailer looks like Fallout 3 with a ENB, texture pack and a slightly different location, and if the main character is gonna have a voice like in the trailer, I'll never buy a Bethesda game ever again...

EDIT: Okay, maybe not the only one, but I seriously need to see some gameplay before I can have a solid opinion on this thing.

Edited by Thviker

Perhaps there is somewhere in Fallout 4 where you are able to go into a simulation chamber, such as Operation Anchorage, and live through the eyes of someone that was alive during the two hour war. Maybe a place specially equipped to record this information for a specific purpose such as the Vault that our character appears to hail from. Perhaps the experimental side of the Vault is to provide each resident with the complete experiences of their predecessors.

Or, you know, that good old DLC goodness.

Edited by Toxiconus