Fallout 4 announced with teaser trailer

Dark0ne

In response to post #25797794. #25798354, #25798434, #25798464, #25798514, #25798679, #25799184, #25799229, #25799374 are all replies on the same post.

TomSawyer wrote: Old character models. OMG!
jim_uk wrote: http://i.imgur.com/H3GoOUG.png

I'm hoping the character models aren't finished or it's pre rendered because that doesn't look good.
Drinx wrote: It's bethesda we are talking about. Should be happy we don't get Oblivion models xD
KeltecRFB wrote: Remember guys, the game has to run on most rigs and not only top of the line.
jim_uk wrote: @Drinx They can use the Oblivion models for various mutants. I'm going to be positive and assume they're not finished and that's why they concentrated on the dog.
ArekkusuStorm wrote: Well, if you think about it, the opening cinematic for New Vegas was the same deal (for me at least), Benny looked plastic-y. Then I got in-game and everything looked better.
StenDarker wrote: You'd rather have squeezeface than ken doll?
BillNyeTheScienceGuy wrote: Pre-rendered :P Everything shall look fine.

And then the EnB/Texture MLG modders shall come forth and blow it out of the water as always.
mortis venunum wrote: beautiful dog !

IF the game will be moddable.
This talk about ID Tech engine got me worried. Edited by KiCHo666

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #25797794. #25798354, #25798434, #25798464, #25798514, #25798679, #25799184, #25799229, #25799374, #25799499 are all replies on the same post.

I'm hoping the character models aren't finished or it's pre rendered because that doesn't look good.
Drinx wrote: It's bethesda we are talking about. Should be happy we don't get Oblivion models xD
KeltecRFB wrote: Remember guys, the game has to run on most rigs and not only top of the line.
jim_uk wrote: @Drinx They can use the Oblivion models for various mutants. I'm going to be positive and assume they're not finished and that's why they concentrated on the dog.
ArekkusuStorm wrote: Well, if you think about it, the opening cinematic for New Vegas was the same deal (for me at least), Benny looked plastic-y. Then I got in-game and everything looked better.

And then the EnB/Texture MLG modders shall come forth and blow it out of the water as always.
KiCHo666 wrote: IF the game will be moddable.
This talk about ID Tech engine got me worried.

It had me worried too but there is an editor for RAGE so all this talk of it not being moddable wasn't right, that said I have no idea how capable it is.

In response to post #25797794. #25798354, #25798434, #25798464, #25798514, #25798679, #25799184, #25799229, #25799374 are all replies on the same post.

BillNyeTheScienceGuy wrote: Pre-rendered :tongue: Everything shall look fine.

IF the game will be moddable.

Hybrid engine, not pure ID.

In response to post #25797794. #25798354, #25798434, #25798464, #25798514, #25798679, #25799184, #25799229, #25799374, #25799499, #25799539 are all replies on the same post.

KiCHo666 wrote: IF the game will be moddable.
jim_uk wrote: It had me worried too but there is an editor for RAGE so all this talk of it not being moddable wasn't right, that said I have no idea how capable it is.

Well, if they reintroduce paid mods, they better release some badass game editor and Nif (if it's gonna be used) maker/editor.

No, no, no, no, NO!!!! Zenimax insisted Fallout 4 be optimised for LAST-GEN consoles (Xbox360, PS3) on the dumb assumption that when released, a good chunk of its profits would come from those platforms. A game released 2.5 to 3 years AFTER the PS4, designed to run on the RAM and GPU of an Xbox360- this is the worst possible scenario.

The trailer was horrid- dull assets and rubbish storytelling, since we've all already played Fallout 3 and Fallout:NV, so we don't need to be given a wholly GENERIC introduction to the world of Fallout.

This project feels STALE- like a team who'd rather have been revisiting Elder Scrolls rather than taking a trip back to 1950s America. And given the coding team were obviously forced to continue to work with an engine that could operate on a 1900XT (the ancient AMD/ATI tech in the Xbox360) with 512MB of RAM, the coders must've been BORED to death, and very uninspired indeed.

I was hoping more for a NEXT-GEN gameplay overhaul rather than fretting about the overall quality of the graphics, but we are clearly getting neither. The CPU of the Xbox360, again, was the limiting factor- so more physics and more interactive mechanisms were out of the question.

PS don't bother responding to point out that Bethesda has cancelled the Xbox360 version by now, or spent the last year inserting better MESH assets. Neither change the FACT that we are getting a game in 2016 that was wholly developed so it could run adequately on an Xbox360. This is a Producer/Managerial FAILURE of epic proportions.

Game is set in Boston, confirmed due to the landmarks we see in the trailer.

The prologue of the game is probably you and your family escaping from your home to the vault based on what we saw in the trailer.

our Character will be voiced by troy baker.

Also remember the Fallout 4 document leak way back at the end of 2013 ?

---> http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956

The trailer basically confirmes that this leak was real.

based on what we see in the back, left of the power armour display , weapons will be way more customizeable. with different stocks, barrels and more. the rifle the vault 111 dweller is carrying wich can be seen here

http://imgur.com/QsTHHRc

shows that there will undoubtely be more makeshift weapons simillar to the rock-it! launcher and dart gun and railway rifle.

Honestly im excited beyond belief and i can't wait until their E3 conference on june 14th where we will see way more.

Edited by Nargoz