Weird issue with armor models - again

Arkngt

Another day, another weird issue. I'm using the T6M Equipment Replacers for DLC, which means that my female char gets the Chinese Stealth Armor in two pieces: the armor w/o helmet - and the helmet. But suddenly, her Chinese Stealth Armor is in one piece, as the vanilla variant. What makes it weird is that when checking the mods in FO3Edit, the female biped model that wins out IS the one from T6M (dlcanch\armor\chinesestealtharmor\f\T6Moutfit.nif). Just to be sure I tried loading the T6M DLC plugin dead last, but the armor is still in one piece. When checking the mesh (T6Moutfit.nif), it looks as it should, i.e. armor w/o helmet. What gives? How can the armor that actually turns up be different than the mesh it should be based on? What can control it?

EDIT: It's connected to the Unofficial Patch somehow. If removing the Unofficial Patch esm, it works as it should. If adding it, it is a whole suit again. But I still don't know WHAT causes it.

Edited by Arkngt

Checking the mesh for the Stealth Suit with nifskope will only show the body, no matter what outfit.nif you open. The helmet is a separate item. I think the problem with the UFP is caused by a script in the patch.

Sort of like the one for the different jumpsuits. The jumpsuits use the Robcojumpsuit\outfitf.nif but different .dds files for the textures. If you open it in NifSkope, it will be displayed as the Robco Jumpsuit with the texture patch showing only the blue Robco color. If you open it in the GECK, you can set the different texture paths. If you run the two piece T6M jumpsuit through Blender, when you export it, the textures get broken with only the top showing the color of the different jumpsuits and the pants showing the blue RobCo color.

Checking the mesh for the Stealth Suit with nifskope will only show the body, no matter what outfit.nif you open. The helmet is a separate item. I think the problem with the UFP is caused by a script in the patch.

Sort of like the one for the different jumpsuits. The jumpsuits use the Robcojumpsuit\outfitf.nif but different .dds files for the textures. If you open it in NifSkope, it will be displayed as the Robco Jumpsuit with the texture patch showing only the blue Robco color. If you open it in the GECK, you can set the different texture paths. If you run the two piece T6M jumpsuit through Blender, when you export it, the textures get broken with only the top showing the color of the different jumpsuits and the pants showing the blue RobCo color.

Right, so the helmet is added via the BipedModel list? That explains that, but I still wonder how and why the Unofficial Patch edits the armor via a script. But, honestly, I think I'll just skip the Unofficial Patch. It has loads and loads of neat fixes but each and every time I use it I end up with weird issues that I spend hours on wild goose chases tracking down.