Issues with head showing through cap - and the cap

Arkngt

OK, a minor issue, but a bit annoying and I can't recall that I had it during my previous installs. I'm using the T6M replacers, which have see-through visors on the Radiation Suits etc. But:

1. My characters scalp goes through the cap and

2. The cap texture flips out when viewed from different angles

As for the scalp showing through, I guess it might be caused by the head mesh perhaps? It's from Project Beauty. But the odd thing is that I can't recall this from earlier playthroughs and I'm always using Project Beauty and (well, lately at least) T6M.

No idea about the texture oddity. Is it an alpha thingy caused by the see through visor?

Anyway, anyone who knows what causes those issues and if something can be done about it?

I have something similar happening with my main character, but it's due to the custom hair mesh I use, at least I think so, she can't wear head wraps or the enclave officer hat for example without her hair and sometimes her whole head clipping through everywhere, but the combat helmet or cowboy hat work fine and also the radsuit you show in your pics (I also use Type 6 body but a custom head mesh), I never deeply looked into it, I just don't wear any hats anymore to avoid it :/

edit: the texture problem is weird, I suppose your archiveinvalidation is ok, I have it happening with one weapon in the game also: every texture, even high resolution ones for every armor, weapon, terrain, furniture etc etc work flawlessly with the exception of the sledgehammer, no matter what that weapon is flickering like mad and has the texture bug just like your head wrap in your pics.

Edited by Billy1969

I have something similar happening with my main character, but it's due to the custom hair mesh I use, at least I think so, she can't wear head wraps or the enclave officer hat for example without her hair and sometimes her whole head clipping through everywhere, but the combat helmet or cowboy hat work fine and also the radsuit you show in your pics (I also use Type 6 body but a custom head mesh), I never deeply looked into it, I just don't wear any hats anymore to avoid it :/

That's another issue, which I addressed in Fixed Suits. Basically, you must add Hair to the Biped Flags of the hat/clothes etc. when using modded hair, otherwise it will clip through the visor etc. The T6M replacers already does that. I also tried switching hairstyle to one of the almost bald vanilla Raider ones, but that didn't help. I've also tried switching the head mesh (HeadFemale.nif) to zzjay's custom one (which looks better BTW, so I'll keep it unless NPCs look weird with it), but that didn't help. Hm.

I'll try checking the nif of the suit in NifSkope and how it's set up in the GECK - but I'm not sure what to look for really.

Edited by Arkngt

Actually, I think I found what the issue is with the textures. The mesh points to

textures\armor\headgear\slaves_d.dds

textures\armor\headgear\slaves_n.dds

which aren't there, neither in the vanilla bsa or in the T6M replacer. Hm.

PS. Aha, they are from Fallout New Vegas. And adding them fixed the issue with the texture - now it's only the scalp showing through that's left.

Edited by Arkngt

The scalp might be the same as this, from an old thread:

Is anyone else having an issue with this mod in 1.1 where if you rotate the camera to look at the front of your female character, the eyebrows and some of the roots on the scalp show through the hair at certain angles?

Not a huge deal, but still kind of annoying at times?

If I understand the essence of the problem, it is associated with the peculiarities of the game engine, unfortunately, I do not know as to fix this. This effect occurs in the crossing of multiple layers of transparency.

Embarrassingly simple fix for the scalp showing through: I made her forehead smaller in the showracemenu - and it was fixed. For some reason it was almost maxed in size.

So both problems solved, although it is a minor issue that the Fallout 3 version of the T6M suit mesh require FNV textures.

Edited by Arkngt