"Proper" khajit and argonian bodyshapes/animations

MarkInMKUK

Hi Razorpony,

Thanks for the update and correction - somehow I'd got the HGEC body lodged in my mind instead of the Roberts female.

Maybe we need to kidnap DrakeTheDragon and feed him sacrificial virgins at regular intervals to help with the coding :)

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we need to kidnap DrakeTheDragon and feed him sacrificial virgins at regular intervals to help with the coding :)

My dragons would never accept virgins as sacrifice. They actually won't know what to do with them. The entire race has sworn to protect every living being weaker than them millenia ago at the end of what their scholars called the Feral Age, as a means to make up for the countless victims killed during their feral times sort of, which due to them being the superior race on Earth means every single living being on the planet. Due to this they became vegetarians and because this was millenia ago the current dragon population can't even eat meat anymore without getting sick and throwing up as their stomachs aren't used to it anymore. Let alone the smell of blood makes them sick already. So better not try to feed me virgins or I might do the same. :yucky:

However, such virgins could actually find their use as distractions for my brother / boss so he won't bother me that regularly with more work and I could get more free time...

But for what it's worth I'm already sticking my head into my scripts again for the big script overhaul I started half a year ago and since then totally revised already. I can basically rewrite all my scripts now as there were so many changes while I was away and so many new ideas I got that the whole approach, even the latest not-yet-implemented state, pretty much is very outdated as of now. It's not much but it's making progress. :yes:

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

In that case I'll stick to sending you salads with an extra-virgin olive oil dressing :)

...and I'll leave you to liase directly with Razorpony to sort the scripting out. If it's as good as the Argonian Beautification/Scripted Feet, then it'll be great - if it's "improved" then it'll be stunning.

Edited by MarkInMKUK

I had a thought regarding Argonians just now. I hate to add more work to the plate but would it be possible to add nipple-less chests to them? Mammalian anatomy on reptiles/amphibians always did look weird to me. Ideally I'd like the females to be flat chested as well, but it would save a bit of work to just remove the nipples. Edited by Kiitan

Kiitan - I had the same thought ages back. This was what I did...

The flat-chested bit is reasonably easy with Drake's mod - just use the AA/A cup HGEC body. You also need the AA/A cup stock clothing/armor stuff, and would need AA/A cup versions of any custom armor you use.

Nipple removal would probably take a bit of texture tweaking. Creating "flat chested" variants of the other body meshes would probably be quite a bit of work though, as you'd also need to originate "flat" chest armour/clothing.

If you pm me your e-mail address, I can e-mail you a "nude chest" shot of my female Argonian character "Walks on tiptoe" - I have to censor the one for Drakes forum page in case someone got stroppy. The nipples are still there of course, but don't show badly.

Something about argonians - female characters should have a flat chest without nipples. But the dresses and other clothing is not modified. Females living with an human society use "padding" garment by conventional and social reasons.

Although it has no basis in lore, but it's good and simple reasons. :teehee:

Edited by Semtex

I actually have a high rez HGEC texture for Argonians that doesn't have nipples on it. Not sure where it came from but I *thought* it was part of Argonian beautification? I may be wrong. I'll try to search through my download archives when I get home from work and get the name of the mod for you.

RP

Well, in Argonian Beautification for one I didn't include painted nipples at least. IABT didn't have any, I myself wasn't interested in any, so I didn't add them in myself either. However, there are still "modeled" nipples underneath the texture, so it's like a flat scale "painted" over a nipple.

One can tell my SAF scripts (through a simple "set ABraceQuest.enableUpper to 1" console command) to control the upperbody also and make it use AA- or A-cup meshes, either only when nude or, through the means of renamed AA-/A-cup Stock Replacer upperbody item files, also when wearing something, but again AA- or A-cup items still include body meshes with modeled nipples, of course. One would need a Stock Replacer "without" such features done first, then it would work fine. And of course it will already be fine as long as the items aren't showing the skin underneath (who's gonna tell there's a nipple underneath this leather-plated breast armor or not? X-ray vision anybody?), but there are some items which are, and those need adaptations mesh-wise first. For males it's the same, of course.

My scripts can make it so your Argonians are using different upperbody meshes, when nude or when clothed, than any of your other races, but it still needs proper meshes first for this to work as we intend it.

(On a side note, the female Argonians in my game "are" flat-chested already since I started with this, using files from a GGC Blind TFF Stock Replacer for this myself, but I haven't touched the nipples, yet.)

I like this idea with the padding, Semtex. Sounds pretty feasible to me for Argonian ladies not wanting to stick out of the masses too obviously when on social events or something. After all, being part of a society includes the need to "adapt" to it.

(Good catch with the salads there, Mark. I'm not sure about me, but Drake's got a weakness for apples, roasted in his own fire, of course!)

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

The flat-chested bit is reasonably easy with Drake's mod - just use the AA/A cup HGEC body. You also need the AA/A cup stock clothing/armor stuff, and would need AA/A cup versions of any custom armor you use.

Nipple removal would probably take a bit of texture tweaking. Creating "flat chested" variants of the other body meshes would probably be quite a bit of work though, as you'd also need to originate "flat" chest armour/clothing.

I was actually hoping for something not HGEC. I know it's popular, but I think it looks...odd. It has some sort of weird proportioning and twiggy arm thing going on that bugs me a bit. I do appreciate the help and suggestions though.

I took a look at it anyway. The AA cup is plenty flat enough. There's also a nude mesh for Robert's female (which is what I have installed at the moment) that has an A-cup, but there's no stock replacement for that. Apparently I either need to stop being so picky or live with the larger boobs on clothed females.

Something about argonians - female characters should have a flat chest without nipples. But the dresses and other clothing is not modified. Females living with an human society use "padding" garment by conventional and social reasons.

Although it has no basis in lore, but it's good and simple reasons. :teehee:

That's actually not a bad idea.

My scripts can make it so your Argonians are using different upperbody meshes, when nude or when clothed, than any of your other races, but it still needs proper meshes first for this to work as we intend it.

I am envious of your script-fu. The meshes bit is the hard part I suppose. There's so many body mods for Oblivion it makes my brain hurt a little.

Edited by Kiitan

Looks like I really need to get back to working on my scripts that seperate the body data from armor/clothing meshes.....which I nearly had working till i hit a knowledge roadblock with nifse (i couldnt understand how to use it). luckly the programming course I did this semester has fixed that problem.

The way my method worked was that when the palyer was one of these races, it would check if that item had a ninode with a material called 'skin'. If it did it set that node to have an alpha of 0 (hence hide it from view....though i think now I can just delete the node instead, inifse has had a lot of updates since then). The race's body mesh was all handled in the tail slot.

It was all pretty complicated (as you didnt want certain body parts to appear underneath clothing/armor that didnt have skin to aviod clipping) but from what I had it seemed like a nearly functional solution. Now that nifse also has the great NiNodeCopyChild function I should be able ot make it completely functional, as I can copy and swap much easier withpout using as many slots.