"Proper" khajit and argonian bodyshapes/animations

MarkInMKUK

I was hoping that Khajiit is wearing fur and leather gloves. It kind of looks like maybe so from the hand in back. It's kind of difficult to tell but it has no nails at all if he isn't. Maybe the hands are supposed to be scarred, but if those are hands instead of gloves, the skin is really loose. Crossing my fingers those are gloves.

They look like gloves to me.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We haven't really touched on hands in the mods here - are people generally happy with the existing Khajiit hands, or not? If not, let's see some ideas and then maybe someone can work on them.

We also still need modders who can convert Razorpony's work to other body types.

We haven't really touched on hands in the mods here - are people generally happy with the existing Khajiit hands, or not?

I'm good with them as long as I'm using the mod by AlienSlof that adds claws to them. I don't like paw-hands, personally.

I agree about paw hands - heck, if they had paws they couldn't get dressed in armor, let alone wield swords and bows!

Slof's claws are a must - or at least some variation on them. I'd also quite like the inner surface of the hand to retain a "paw print" style pattern, with the palm and parts of the finger as "pads", but that's probably just extra work for something that most people would find adds nothing to the "realism".

What MIGHT be fun would be retractable claws ... triggered by emotions, so when a Khajiit's face shows fear or anger, the claws protrude...

You'd need extra bones and animations to extend and retract claws, and even then I don't know how you'd tie the animations to the characters emotional state. Hmm, It can't be done! I dare someone to prove me wrong! :biggrin: I may get a Bamboo pad for doing some texturing on the PC. If I do then adding some pads to the existing textures wouldn't be much of a problem. My feet already have 3d mesh pads added to the bottom. I don't know if I've ever shown a screen of that though.

In other news, I finished off the heavy armors tonight. That just leaves 5 light armors to go. Yippie!

RP

Given the other stuff we do, you might be able to script the change for claws - swap meshes when the emotions are right. Or maybe, if you wanted it animated, a two-stage swap with an animated texture (invisible to extended) for the claws, then to the extended claw version. You don't NEED bones if you can fake it with animated textures. Of course, SWAPPING fast and cleanly enough might be hard.

If that'd work, you might be able to do fancy things with animated tattoos for a different type of character - a dragon tattoo, that "comes to life" and then extracts itself from its wearer. I can work out the stages for that easily enough if the concept works, and you'd only need bones and stuff once the dragon started to separate itself - and then you'd have a tricky overlapping skeleton setup. Hmmm...

My vision of the "alternate" centaur is slowly getting into final form. "The third idea" is almost final. Do I have again revised textures to better suit the different settings of the body.

Centaur, "The third idea​​"

About the archive:

- Textures are yet prepared for three color versions - black, gray and chestnut, bay version is on the work

- models are ready for Robert's Male, Robert's female and HGEC female bodie

- attached are four versions of the test skeleton, probably the best result gives skeleton37 and skeleton10. Can you tell which is better, I would have done under the final texture.

- skeleton_1person is modified and probably removes some of the problems in firs person view

Horse skin color is changing when changing the color of human skin, but it can not be checked during the creation of characters.

In tests I found that the armor and clothing for women creates fewer problems with overlapping than armor for men.

A good solution would be to create three or four races a centaur, each with individual textures of the body. Other textures may be the imperial race. For several slightly differing races could be used and different ears (human, elf) and other parts.

Probably it would be appropriate to set a bone, "Dissable Legs" to the size of 0.8-1, and reduced to zero bone "Bip1 L / R Calf". Changed size "Dissable Legs" it would be possible camouflage through special short pants. The model of these pants at the same time could also serve for all "exchange models".

Such a procedure would be suitable for HGEC body, too, which is significant source of the problem.

I dont know what semtex is using his for, but the aim of mine is to make 'playable' centaurs, just forcing the player to wear something is not under my defition of playable.

My view is similar. But...

If the player choose for his character race with markedly different body proportions or physical anomalies such as Centaurus or the Minotaur, but even after all khajiit and argonian with the "right " legs, must understand, that some parts of clothing and armor his character simply can not dress because it has a different body shape.

Edited by Semtex

Semtex - there is at least one quest in Oblivion KotN (Path of Righteosness) where the player HAS to wear the Boots of Kynareth to complete it - so whatever is done for a centaur race, that specific set of boots MUST have an alternative which works for a centaur. Whether this is done using a blacksmith, or armourer skill, or just "magic" doesn't really matter.

I suggest that, generally, some form of modified horse armour mesh should be used to substitute for the greaves/lower body, and that some form of wrapping or plating around the lower legs should be used for a footwear replacement (or maybe coloured horse-shoes?). The upper body armour, helmet and gloves should be more or less vanilla, apart from any mesh changes needed to avoid clipping issues.

Yes, i know. But this is beautyful on the da mage construction - this is NOT a problem.

Your character can wear shoes, but they are not seen - they models are reduced to zero by size and they are hiden deep in horse body. But they are still counted in armor and all other effects.

And when the replacement model will be used, whether it be not a problem.

The problem with character's model - although it is replaced a part of character body, but this part is invisible and visible model is placed on the horse body and linked on its skeleton.

Between model and body parts, which obscures, it is only a loose link. It is therefore possible to declare Ring (body part) for the mantle, cape - or mustache.

Unfortunately I do not know how da mage converted his horse armor model from the Bip2 skeleton to the Bip1 skeleton.

Edited by Semtex

Another item to add to the Khajiit realism discussion - TAILS (I was just reminded of this when our tortoiseshell kitty came hurtling past with her tail the size of a toilet brush).

Khajiit ears are, as far as I know, linked in some way to the facial emotion states (I'm no modder, so please excuse my ignorance if I'm wrong). Can tail shape and animation be linked in the same way - so a scared Khajiit would have a "fox-shaped" standing-up tail, and an angry one thrash the tail from side to side, while a contented one would do those lovely lazy question-mark shapes?

Edited by MarkInMKUK