Adverts again?

ginnyfizz

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do these ads really need to play every single time you download something? couple times in a time frame sure, but to download a mod with 6 or 7 parts to it plus updates and have to watch a commercial every single time is a little much no?

If you guys are talking about this in the pic, then yes I have the same problem.(Note I have a different browser, so it just opened in a new tab whenever I download something.)

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn55/Lord_Slyther234/Problem-4.jpg

I stopped using firefox weeks ago due to it crashing on sites like YouTube and whatnot. I think my version was the latest when this happened, no matter, it still crashed due to several javascript errors and some not. I suppose it won't hurt giving it a try again considering that I got my javascript up to date, but yes these kinds of ads are not necessary. I don't mind it being on mugshots beside a file description or whatnot, but this is the best source I can provide as in a screenshot when re-directed to a download. But I still trust that the problem would reside quickly, as it does annoy not only me but everyone else, I can cur.

Edited by Lord Slyther

If It's really coming down to a financial crunch with balancing ads and affording the servers, which is leading to some of these controversial new ads types... I humbly submit the idea of having the nexus index p2p files when people "publish" their mods. It would take a lot less server bandwidth and users would just be responsible for supporting/sharing their own mods with others.

Example: User wants to share his new mod, posts it on Nexus just like normal, but the files page instead points toward a p2p file which the user seeds for other users to download off him as long as he wishes to share it. When he wants to make an alteration the index listing and mod page is updated.

The more popular a mod is the faster it will be to download/share it. As long as users keep their version number in the p2p file name up to date it should stay pretty clean.

Edited by Fatalmasterpiece

I hate to burst a bubble here. But last time advets gone really bad with torjan or virus. And now you are forcing us to watch something that could contain it again. How secure did you make it to prevent what happened last time ?? Last time that happen i was even forced to format my pc because of this. I am currently using add-block and no-script mentioned here by several moderators but because of this i have to turn of both of them to download. So i need to know if i turn them off what happen last time can;t happen again here.

I get stuck at Blank Window or Black Screen most of the time. And when something does Play it's not bringing up the download servers or just getting stuck as well. Making it a bit difficult when Nothing is happening a Majority of the time, Even with Addblock off it's giving blank windows. Working or not so far is completely random.

I'm running whatever the latest version of Firefox is.

Edited by nouserhere

I hate to burst a bubble here. But last time advets gone really bad with torjan or virus. And now you are forcing us to watch something that could contain it again. How secure did you make it to prevent what happened last time ?? Last time that happen i was even forced to format my pc because of this. I am currently using add-block and no-script mentioned here by several moderators but because of this i have to turn of both of them to download. So i need to know if i turn them off what happen last time can;t happen again here.

Hate to burst YOUR bubble here, but;

a) No one is "forcing" anyone to do anything. Using Nexus is entirely voluntary

b) Dark0ne does not decide which adverts are displayed, (only which 3rd-party ad-server company to use.)

c) One can stop getting adverts completely simply by becoming a Premium Member. :thumbsup: