What percentage of nexus members actually post on the forums?

SpellAndShield

well, i would guess about that much

you see, there are about 2 million members here (though many have been banned over the years)

but if you look at the AP, i think the lowest rating (the lowest AP) is for a rank of about 800

if this is true, and even if there could be several people with the same rank, it still means that there would be around 2000 or so members

as for directly posting in the forum, that depends on how you are looking at that

because there are parts of the forums for the Nexus sites (the ones for the different games), and also other sections that are just on the forum

and i'm not sure how many are posting in the forum-only sections of the forum, but 10% might be a bit too much (but i can't really estimate without any information, which i don't know if there is to get)

you see, there are about 2 million members here (though many have been banned over the years)

Yes, we do ban a lot. Lets see, the rate of banned is near 0.015% :whistling: But that does include spambots, repeat offenders and those who have requested they be banned.

Not very many people who come here actually do post in the forums though, Most just grab the free mods and run. Another large group just post to ask a question. After getting an answer, they are never heard from again.

We are signing up 1200 to 1500 new members (or more) a day. If the ban rate were 7.8% we would have to ban between 153.8 and 192.3 every day just to keep up with the new members. :blink: ( I banned 0.3 of a troll just yesterday :tongue: )

... If the ban rate were 7.8% we would have to ban between 153.8 and 192.3 every day just to keep up with the new members. :blink:

:laugh: I think the 7.8% figure was for "members who post to the forums". :thumbsup:

That actually sounds about right. Though I ussually don't always post on the boards themselves but I do read though ones that catch my eye. Though for post I only ussually post on images and comments on the mod sites, which also tied to the boards, though lately I stick to the chat mostly.

It depends on whether you count posting on files/images as posting on the forums or not. There are 164,945 members with a post count of 1 or more; but not many of them will have used the actual forums.