A "No Civilisation" Mod

modskyrimtopieces

I would like to see a mod that removes towns and most of the NPCs in general leaving Skyrim a completely uncharted land. Forts, small villages, Nordic ruins and watch towers etc could remain, adding a sense of mystery that would be great for scenery and exploration. Where towns where before, the landscape could be changed into a new area (more forest or a clearing where Falkreath was and more tundra in place of Whiterun etc)

This mod would be great fun for a hunter or explorer playthrough. Obviously it would muck up many quests but it should be viewed as a pure exploration mod that would go perfectly with camping and survival mods. Players could focus more on discovering wilderness locations and experience the game in a new light. I for one have never actually got round to finding all wilderness locations in Skyrim (never really put enough time into it) so a mod like this would encourage more roaming around Skyrim.

So, what do you think? It could be the ultimate "back to nature" exploration mod. A mod that will add a completely new feel to Skyrim. :smile:

Edited by modskyrimtopieces

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This mod should be pretty easy for a modder to create. I think all you'd have to do is delete the town assets and lod in the creation kit and create a new wilderness landscape in place of where the town was. Oh and delete all of the town NPCs too! Villages like Riverwood could remain though giving explorers and hunters somewhere remote but safe to sell loot/hunting goods.

This mod should be pretty easy for a modder to create. I think all you'd have to do is delete the town assets and lod in the creation kit and create a new wilderness landscape in place of where the town was. Oh and delete all of the town NPCs too! Villages like Riverwood could remain though giving explorers and hunters somewhere remote but safe to sell loot/hunting goods.

Oh, you mean just delete all cities, re-landscape the whole thing, build new LODs, delete all NPCs, then all quests and other stuff related to them which is pretty much every quest?

Yes, easy. :rolleyes: Why don't you give it a go?

Oh, you mean just delete all cities, re-landscape the whole thing, build new LODs, delete all NPCs, then all quests and other stuff related to them which is pretty much every quest?

Well its easier than making completely new content or a completely new land mod isnt it? No need for your rude reply is there? Instead of saying "why don't you give it a go" in a sarcastic manner, why don't you explain nicely to someone who hasn't modded before why its so hard to do? Or even better, you could attempt to make this mod. :smile:

Edited by modskyrimtopieces

LoL

Piece of cake man :P

LoL

Piece of cake man :tongue:

I know it may have been silly of me to say that, but I will still maintain that this mod is surely easier to do than creating new textures, new lands or new quests etc. :P