annoying ads!

Timberwolftrass2005

The Ads won't play for me, and I'm not even using ad-blockers. (Actually, I have no idea why this happens :ohdear:) Even if I had to, one should just bear with them. The Nexus staff managed to create and manage such a useful network of websites, so, in my own honest opinion, the ads are a pretty low price to pay. If you can't stand them, don't download :)

PS: The lifetime premium package sure sounds nice :3

Edited by Aellyth

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. I was going to write a long and boring post to the complainants, but I found it wasn't worth the time. So I boiled it down to key points:

- Just exercise some patience and put up with it.

- Advertisements are key sources of funding for sites like these.

- This surely isn't the only site you've used which has flash ads, and if you have been the unfortunate victim of a Flash attack vector (like myself) then you should now already have taken steps to counter this vulnerability by now.

Ads really shouldn't be a big issue for the savvy 'net user of today anyway :P

This is impossible.

It's not but thanks for playing. It does require that you only allow specific ads however, or you're allowed to preview them before they go into rotation. I've been down this road already.

You do not need a paypal account.

Really? Then why for ever why is the only option from canada paypal only(when I tunnel in, and paypal only when I'm logged in from japan)?

If you are that worried about banking then use Linux or an iPad, both are safer than Windows. As for ensuring you'll never get infected, no honest person can make the guarantee as you well know.

Well your entire sentence is an pile of fud. But that's okay. Nix makes up about 40% of local attacks these days leaving about 50% to MS, and the other 10% to other localized non-nix variants(bsd and so on). If you flip the other way and switch to servers, nix and variants make up nearly 80% of intrusion attacks. So...yep. Nix is safer! Dunno, I seemed to do pretty good until I sold off my site to IGN, rolled in some cash and all that. I hand picked all my ads, did my best, investigated most complaints if people got infected and offered apologies when they did. It was rare, but it didn't happen often. I think oh 3 times in 7 years give or take. It's neither as hard to do, or difficult to do as some people make it out to be.

Edited by Mashiki

This is impossible.

It's not but thanks for playing. It does require that you only allow specific ads however, or you're allowed to preview them before they go into rotation. I've been down this road already.

Really? Then why for ever why is the only option from canada paypal only(when I tunnel in, and paypal only when I'm logged in from japan)?

If you are that worried about banking then use Linux or an iPad, both are safer than Windows. As for ensuring you'll never get infected, no honest person can make the guarantee as you well know.

Well your entire sentence is an pile of fud. But that's okay. Nix makes up about 40% of local attacks these days leaving about 50% to MS, and the other 10% to other localized non-nix variants(bsd and so on). If you flip the other way and switch to servers, nix and variants make up nearly 80% of intrusion attacks. So...yep. Nix is safer! Dunno, I seemed to do pretty good until I sold off my site to IGN, rolled in some cash and all that. I hand picked all my ads, did my best, investigated most complaints if people got infected and offered apologies when they did. It was rare, but it didn't happen often. I think oh 3 times in 7 years give or take. It's neither as hard to do, or difficult to do as some people make it out to be.

What are you on about? Anyway you've made it obvious you don't want to pay, you don't want the ads, now why not come up with an alternative means of funding the site instead of making silly demands of others?

This is impossible.

And how big was your site? Did it have 2.2 million users, and a huge database of mods that needed lots of storage, and thus lots of money to keep it going?

This is impossible.

Yes, it is impossible to meet your conditions as you stated them. As you said, even you did not live up to such standards.

No, you do not need a paypal account to purchase a premium account, much like you don't actually need an Amazon account to buy things on Amazon. It makes things more convenient, but is not necessarily required.

There is always the option of manually sending the money to Dark0ne, then requesting via PM premium. That's been done before.

And then the only ones you need to trust is your bank and Robin Scott aka Dark0ne.

And if you don't trust your bank enough to do that, you're pretty screwed in daily life as well, and if you don't trust Rob... Well, no one really trusts Rob, after all, he's the dark one, but he's a nice guy though. ;)

And Robin did make SiteBot, so that's a strike against him not being evil. That or SiteBot made him.

Wait.. Can't send money straight through the mail. Do you use a check or something?