Creature Re-texture Question.

SpiritofTheWOLFx

Now there are no texture paths at all.

Don't quite understand this statement. It sounds like you linked nifskope to the fallout folder and are able to see the vanilla textures applied to the model, yes?

paste yourdeathclaw.dds into the textures\creatures\deathclaw\ folder (or make it)

paste yourdeathclaw.nif into the meshes\creatures\deathclaw\ folder (make it if needed)

open your deathclaw nif the BSShaderTextureSet blocks are all you should mess with for textures. It's easier to do this if you hit View > Block List > Show Blocks in List in nifskope.

Save as yourdeathclaw

Now there are no texture paths at all.

Don't quite understand this statement. It sounds like you linked nifskope to the fallout folder and are able to see the vanilla textures applied to the model, yes?

paste yourdeathclaw.dds into the textures\creatures\deathclaw\ folder (or make it)

paste yourdeathclaw.nif into the meshes\creatures\deathclaw\ folder (make it if needed)

open your deathclaw nif the BSShaderTextureSet blocks are all you should mess with for textures. It's easier to do this if you hit View > Block List > Show Blocks in List in nifskope.

Save as yourdeathclaw

f*#@ing hell that took way too long to do. It didn't have Block List Detail's open, which was where it was showing the BSShaderTextureSet. I have no clue why it wasn't open. Thank you so damn much for the help dude! I really appreciate it!

First did you archiveinvalidate? second is your texture the correct pixel size? and third most common in the yourdeathclaw.nif the BSShaderTextureSet's do the file paths only have this path textures\creatures\deathclaw\yourdeathclaw.dds sometimes we forget to remove the mydocuments\whatever\whatever\ path extensions when we test textures.

First did you archiveinvalidate? second is your texture the correct pixel size? and third most common in the yourdeathclaw.nif the BSShaderTextureSet's do the file paths only have this path textures\creatures\deathclaw\yourdeathclaw.dds sometimes we forget to remove the mydocuments\whatever\whatever\ path extensions when we test textures.

It archiveinvalidate'ed. How would I fix that?

It archiveinvalidate'ed. How would I fix that?

Also what mod's have you made for FNV? I want to try them out now. Least I can do with all the help you have given me.

I haven't released any of the things I've done for FNV mainly because everything I've done used things from different mods to suit my tastes. I am currently making a mod everything in it was done by me meshes/textures wise for now. Made a companion mod only a 2 stage short quest not sure if I want to release it because I am working on extending it at the moment in a separate version. I have released a skyrim mod just because I thought someone would like it as much as I did.

I have encountered this problem the model takes on the textures around it. Sometimes it only appears that way in the geck and works perfectly fine ingame. Hell I even think if you go to CrMirelurk or w/e some of the models in vanilla assets do that. As for fixing it if one of the 3 things I listed above didn't fix it than it is most likely fine and works properly in the game. If it doesn't work in game then check you file paths and the vanilla file paths make sure they are the same.

Well if you want a Beta-tester for the companion mod (Or someone to give you a honest opinion if you should release it or now) I would be willing to take a look at it. If you want anyways. If I can help you with anything I will. Anyways. Ingame it is still seitching textures, so the first is out. As for BSShader, only ones I have not switched are the Gore-cap textures. Everything else is mydeathclaw texture.