Skyrim Screenshots

fr0z1ndude

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the resolution of the screen that worries some, but the resolution of the textures.

Something easily fixed. Also something that has a great probably of being a result of console version or alpha textures. Textures are not hard to replace so it's too early to say what we will actually be getting in that department.

I think it seems high time for someone to make some mock up comparison shots between vanilla Oblivion and the shots we have of Skyrim. I think the vast improvement will be startlingly apparent.

It's not the resolution of the screen that worries some, but the resolution of the textures.

I think it seems high time for someone to make some mock up comparison shots between vanilla Oblivion and the shots we have of Skyrim. I think the vast improvement will be startlingly apparent.

Well duh, oblivion came out half a decade ago.

Those are, hands down, the best graphics I have ever seen. I'm not going to be able to stop thinking about Skyrim now until November 11. That second picture has the looks of Solstheim about it... so many good times were had there in Morrowind, and even better times will be had everywhere in Skyrim. Can't wait. Thanks for the screenshots! You've given me something to look forward to.

Are they from an early build? on the whole they look alright but there are some rough looking textures in there and that womans square shoulders don't look good at all. I really hope it's not DX9 only, we shouldn't still be using the DX from an obsolete operating system. Just Cause 2 abandoned DX9 completely opting for DX10, it looked fantastic and ran really well. Surely we should expect DX10/11 from their new engine?

So we can at least all agree that the screenshots OP posted look horrible, correct?

There certainly is room for improvement however I fear we may get another port like Oblivion, poor textures, HDR put on with a shovel and a HUD designed for the blind. Fortunately Bethesda has a modding community that is second to none and they'll soon have it fixed up. :thumbsup:

People think these early shots look bad..................because they want it to.

Qarl's texture pack looks great, but it also doesn't have consistency. Skyrim's early shots look much more detailed than Oblivion.

To me, the lighting in games these days make most of the graphics. So even if Skyrim has just decent textures, the lighting system will make Oblivion look like an original Xbox game.

Everything is obviously more polished. You all need to see the game in action, point blank period. We'll see how many people will be saying it looks like Oblivion then.

I know it's is a tiny thing, but one thing that worries me is the arm. Right where the arm bends looks a bit blocky. I know these screenshots are purely preliminary and will most likely be even better upon release, but I do hope they work on it. Edited by MarshyMan