Skyrim Screenshots

fr0z1ndude

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want any screenshots from the Skyrim Trailer that released on 2/24/2011, you can find just about any scene in that trailer here.

If you use any of these images in posts, be sure to wrap spoiler tags around them because of the HD resolutions.

Example:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/images/37291-2-1298599644.jpg

I really enjoyed the trailer and the screenshots just help even more, helps with analyzing the game! Thank for that LHammonds.

And while I think about it, Zaldiirs' info thread has a really good "Thoughts on Skyrim" that Pushkatu found on youtube. Recommend a look at the second vid in particular.

• 2 months later...

Will Skyrim be compatible with Windows 7?

Wouldn't see why not. I'd wager it'll go as far back as XP, seeing how it works on consoles which have been the same all this time.

are you kidding me? the textures look half as good as qarl's tex pack 3. it isnt like it takes more effort to paste in a high resolution picture than to paste in a low resolution picture.

I have seen better clothes models/textures submitted by solo modders.

overall, they are a big step from oblivion, though i will be pissed and not purchasing if the game is not Dx11.

Dx9/10 are NO LONGER TOLERABLE.

see all those nasty squared edges on the wench's shoulders and body? they would be completely removed by the addition of TESSELLATION, which is a Dx11 feature.

the hair and fur looks like it is still going to be the same carboard crap we are used to, instead of the havok cloth they have access to.

honestly, this game looks like crap compared to its potential. i cant stand to see so much money go in to a piece of garbage that will be outdated three months after its release, and will not support developers that waste my time and theirs with that kind of pollution.

and these guys are professionals, wth.

Well they can’t put really high res textures in the game they want it to be multi platform the ps3 and 360 can’t handle the high res textures it would probably shutter extremely bad and then melt.

The stock textures look good and it is not much work to enlarge them with overlays and or filters for extra detail.

Well they can’t put really high res textures in the game they want it to be multi platform the ps3 and 360 can’t handle the high res textures it would probably shutter extremely bad and then melt.

The stock textures look good and it is not much work to enlarge them with overlays and or filters for extra detail.

That's kind of an old post to be replying to. Since then, we have found out that it will support DX11, however it won't utilize all of the features because it was designed to be cross-platform. They also have confirmed that the PC version will have higher resolution textures...although they won't be an extreme amount different than what ships to the other platforms (from what I understand).

Speaking of screenshots, here's one that piques my interests in regard to animations:

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_247673.jpg

I keep hearing Bethesda brag about how excellent the third-person animations are compared to Oblivion, and while this is probably true with most anims, what about spellcasting?If you dual-wield spells are you really going to hold both hands up like you're about to strangle somebody?That might look alright in first-person, but in third-person if he runs around like that it's going to look as if though he has some serious issues.Also, is that a fort in the background?Sure looks like a fort, or some sort of tower.