Could Skyrim be the last in the series?

AdoringFansBiggestFan

seeing as Skyrim has a few months before it's official release, i doubt anything like this can be denied or confirmed

if Bethesda has announced such a things, it may just be a publicity stunt, trying to get more money from the people (or more pre-orders)

whatever the case, i don't think anyone would truly announce such a thing, nor can Bethesda really decide on such a thing (at least it wouldn't make any sense, making such a decision before even launching the game)

if you want my personal opinion, they wouldn't do that

if Skyrim will have a construction set like Oblivion has, then they will just be killing a milking cow

i mean, Oblivion is from 2006, and yet mods come around on an almost daily basis, and the game is still being purchased by people, which isn't really common with games that old (and in computer game time, it is old)

Skyrim could very well replace Oblivion (though Oblivion will still have it's place), and could live for a really long time, and make lots of money

so it Bethesda sees that it works out well, i see no reason for them to stop (unless they have lost all inspiration in the series, which i don't think is likely)

Yes, I do realize that this is way to early to be thinking about this, but could Skyrim be the last of the series? I read in an article that it may be the last... so could anyone confirm that Bethesda has or has not said this?

They have never so much as hinted at it.

Two things would make people think this. One is old and one is new.

The old one (which has been proven wrong now) was how tight lipped they were in announcing development on TES V. How old was the article? If it's from before 12-11-10 then this is why they were thinking that way.

The new one is based on what we know about the plot of TES V. To many is seems like a culmination of the story (all TES games thus far) to a climax.

I personally don't see Beth walking away from this series anytime soon and in fact I can see them really digging in now and embracing what they created in us the modding community. I mean if you look at all the info available on Skyrim it's pretty plain to see that it is teeming with Oblivion mods and for the first time ever they said "sure you'll get a CK" long before release.

It is possible for them to reboot though with the current plot so it's not out of the question for us to actually begin a new in the first era after the rebirth of Nirn.

If they continue to profit on making TES games than they will continue making them. Any other business decision could only occur in the government. How good they are and how much money they invest in that development will be linked to how much they think they will profit from the endeavor.

I look at it this way, Elder Scroll 5! This is the fifth one in a series and all of the series has had extremely high receptive rate.

Now yes Skyrim is the climax to all the other game, they all lead to Skyrim. After Skyrim I'm sure there is a plot that involved Skyrim's event to happen before something even worse happens than dragons. What it is I don't know, I'm not a good TES loreman. I just play the games and hope for another to come and be more unique and epic than the last, which I almost lost hope in Skyrim to come.

Beth has made so much money and put so much effort into the series and lore that if they stopped, tho it may seem good and they would do fine, I'm afraid what they would do with themselves, sitting around saying how awesome there series were and just remembering the good old days. That's not Beth, one game after another, some being suprises in the darkest of hours.

All that to say I do not believe they will stop. I believe they can't help themselves to another, they have fun making it and feel good when we praise them for modding abilities, which is another way to find new and better ideas.

Long live Beth, and long live The Elder Scrolls!

Well, no one can say for sure. There is nothing to even justify some sort of educated guess.

I wouldn't be too mad if they ended the Elderscrolls. They have written themselves into some Corners here and there. The Empire has gone through quite a lot of crisis and some of it isn't even in any games. The Elderscrolls lore is so huge by now that one may run into some hurdles when writing new stuff. Ok, you have your ancient godlike entity rise up and wanting to control the world, nothing new, we have seen and played that many times before.

But after enough games i'm beginning to wonder if the Scholars in the Gameworld wouldn't begin to wonder about what's so interesting about Tamriel. They'd be starting to sort out old doomsday phrophecies and then they'll have everything in place for the Hero that will arise to take down the next evil godmonsterdemonthing.

One game may be like this: The unity of Scholars will put the player character through a series of trials, to be sure he is the hero that arose this time around. Then they'll have troops and support everywhere where you have to get magical things to build the deus ex machina or maybe they'll just have everything ready.

Then some chanting will take place, epic battle, monster dead, player wins. Game over, then Cake.

Also, they might want to do something different. Just a little bit, like a new magic system without schools and maybe they'd like to make a hero character. Maybe they want to make Orcs that are evil, some dwarves running around and Elves that are there as one species rather then four.

Pff theres still so much to make a game a about seriously! We never had a game in Akavir or Akvari I am not that sure how its spelled Edited by antonkr