Could Skyrim be the last in the series?

AdoringFansBiggestFan

They can always just go to the classic standbys of "far past" "far future" or "undiscovered new continent" if the current TES storyline climaxes in Skyrim.

I hope it doesn't be like Fable and does the "Far Future" idea. For Fable, that worked, but I don't to have rifles, electricity, factories, and Child Laborers in my game.. I personally don't think that would work out for Elder Scrolls.

There are still 5 provinces of the empire never visited after arena, and they could also comeback to Morrowind during the Argonian invasion, theres are many ways to continue this series and many people want more Elder Scrolls, Skyrim wont be the last one.

There are still 5 provinces of the empire never visited after arena, and they could also comeback to Morrowind during the Argonian invasion, theres are many ways to continue this series and many people want more Elder Scrolls, Skyrim wont be the last one.

They even have the entire continent of Akiviri as well which is comparable in size to Tamriel. I think if we ever have a chance of having a game take place on an entire continent that will be the place rather than Tamriel.

I would hate if they did make it the last in the series. There are more areas to explore. Either way, modding wise I think if they give a really amazing construction set with skyrim I doubt modders would stop making mods for Skyrim ever. I doubt starcraft 2 will ever stop seeing maps made, unless activision really screws up battlenet 2.0

I'm pretty sure that it won't be the last.

Ever since Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls has been one of the most popular series ever. When you play your first hour on Morrowind, you don't want to stop.

Oblivion did the same thing. When I first played it, I was nearly drooling. :P

Skyrim will be no different. It looks like the best game on Earth already, plus they are fixing things that people didn't like in Oblivion. This all leads to one thing...

Epicness. With lots of epicness, Skyrim will be one of the most enjoyed (and profitable) games of all times.

Bethesda knows that the next in the series will be the same, but probably on an even greater scale.

I've been thinking of nothing but Akavir since I read about it while replaying Oblivion last year. In fact, I'm writing a fanfic as we speak involving an Akaviri invasion of Tamriel. Somehow in my twisted mind I am hoping, DREAMING even, that TES 6 involves some sort of Akaviri incursion or influence so we as myrmidons can finally experience this much-hinted-at foreign entity.

The Nirnian chronology fascinates me, almost as much as our own worlds' does (history majors are like that). Various regional conflicts, revolts, uprisings and wars really paint Bethesda's world as a place of never-ending conflict. . .but then that is our own too, isn't it?

Some thoughts on a possible TES 6:

1--Bethesda would never abandon their home continent of Tamriel to go on a far-off crusade (although I'm not against this). This is their home world and they still have several games' worth of material they could do just on the provinces they haven't spotlighted yet. I could see them doing perhaps some sort of ingame video flashback regarding events in Akavir or Yokuda, maybe preceding an Akaviri invasion to say, hmm, Black Marsh, which faces east (and also consequently, has not been done yet in depth in a TES game; Arena doesn't count)

2--This could be prime ground to revisit the 'hidden' chronological events of the Argonian invasion of Morrowind; it could answer various questions such as Did the Empire ever recover these two provinces or are they still dislocated? or perhaps they could still be in revolt from the Empire but after Akavir invades Black Marsh the Imperials see it as an opportunity to regain their lost swampland and invade the invaders as an excuse to 'help the troubled Argonians' who may or may not welcome them in their hour of need. Lots of good political intrigue potential there

3--Akavir, if you didn't already know, is home to 4 primary races of beings along with many other sub-species and creatures. The 4 sentient ones are enough right there to create endless conflict and plot twists as they are not on very good terms with each other (the snakes hate the monkeys, the monkeys used to hate the tigers but now are allied, the tigers hate the snakes and demons, and the demons hate everybody, etc). Lots of good backstory potential there to justify a Tamrielic invasion. In my story I'm referring to it as the Conglomerate, the combination of all 4 races linking together under one banner to conquer Tamriel. After all, it is one of the stated goals of the Tiger-Dragon King to invade and conquer Tamriel. . .there's a game right there

4--Following Skyrim and the advent of dragons onto Tamriel once again would be the perfect platform to introduce a true outsider to Tamrielic conflict (at least, during the TES game series), especially in explaining how Tigers and Dragons got together. . .

5--So many references to Akavir are in Oblivion as to really whet ones appetite (weapons, quests, books). The quest for the Madstone involving Pale Pass out of Bruma was fantastic--I wanted more! More of the history and backstory of that failed campaign, more of the conflict between Tamriel and Akavir. . .

6--The chronology states there have been several violent incidents in Tamriel's history regarding Akavir; a couple Akaviri invasions and the lone Tamrielic response, their ill-fated Disaster at Ionith campaign. My initial story idea was to have another invasion of Akavir with massive troop battles Braveheart-style but then I figured, Eh Akavir is usually the aggressor, I'll stick with that, have the battles on Tamrielic soil. Either way, I hope TES 6 introduces more large-scale battles for the player to take part in, more than dinky skirmishes, even if the background fighting is prerendered and not spontaneous. TES needs to step things up in terms of battle size

Wow, this got really long. Least it's done, been wanting to post this stuff for a couple months now

Couple more things about Skyrim itself; when my buddy told me in December that the next TES game was going to be set in Skyrim and to go watch the freakin trailer, I was mildly disappointed. While any province is as good as another, I had somehow hoped Bethesda would choose my precious Akavir as the host this time, but as I've stated above, I don't think they would go that route. What I WAS happy about was the great plot potential of Skyrim: a Nord civil war. That is awesome. So much potential there.

Ok, I'm done, food for thought

Please read this Bethesda and uh. . .if you have any writing openings I'd be happy to apply :biggrin:

I've been thinking of nothing but Akavir since I read about it while replaying Oblivion last year. In fact, I'm writing a fanfic as we speak involving an Akaviri invasion of Tamriel. Somehow in my twisted mind I am hoping, DREAMING even, that TES 6 involves some sort of Akaviri incursion or influence so we as myrmidons can finally experience this much-hinted-at foreign entity.

The Nirnian chronology fascinates me, almost as much as our own worlds' does (history majors are like that). Various regional conflicts, revolts, uprisings and wars really paint Bethesda's world as a place of never-ending conflict. . .but then that is our own too, isn't it?

Some thoughts on a possible TES 6:

1--Bethesda would never abandon their home continent of Tamriel to go on a far-off crusade (although I'm not against this). This is their home world and they still have several games' worth of material they could do just on the provinces they haven't spotlighted yet. I could see them doing perhaps some sort of ingame video flashback regarding events in Akavir or Yokuda, maybe preceding an Akaviri invasion to say, hmm, Black Marsh, which faces east (and also consequently, has not been done yet in depth in a TES game; Arena doesn't count)

2--This could be prime ground to revisit the 'hidden' chronological events of the Argonian invasion of Morrowind; it could answer various questions such as Did the Empire ever recover these two provinces or are they still dislocated? or perhaps they could still be in revolt from the Empire but after Akavir invades Black Marsh the Imperials see it as an opportunity to regain their lost swampland and invade the invaders as an excuse to 'help the troubled Argonians' who may or may not welcome them in their hour of need. Lots of good political intrigue potential there

3--Akavir, if you didn't already know, is home to 4 primary races of beings along with many other sub-species and creatures. The 4 sentient ones are enough right there to create endless conflict and plot twists as they are not on very good terms with each other (the snakes hate the monkeys, the monkeys used to hate the tigers but now are allied, the tigers hate the snakes and demons, and the demons hate everybody, etc). Lots of good backstory potential there to justify a Tamrielic invasion. In my story I'm referring to it as the Conglomerate, the combination of all 4 races linking together under one banner to conquer Tamriel. After all, it is one of the stated goals of the Tiger-Dragon King to invade and conquer Tamriel. . .there's a game right there

4--Following Skyrim and the advent of dragons onto Tamriel once again would be the perfect platform to introduce a true outsider to Tamrielic conflict (at least, during the TES game series), especially in explaining how Tigers and Dragons got together. . .

5--So many references to Akavir are in Oblivion as to really whet ones appetite (weapons, quests, books). The quest for the Madstone involving Pale Pass out of Bruma was fantastic--I wanted more! More of the history and backstory of that failed campaign, more of the conflict between Tamriel and Akavir. . .

6--The chronology states there have been several violent incidents in Tamriel's history regarding Akavir; a couple Akaviri invasions and the lone Tamrielic response, their ill-fated Disaster at Ionith campaign. My initial story idea was to have another invasion of Akavir with massive troop battles Braveheart-style but then I figured, Eh Akavir is usually the aggressor, I'll stick with that, have the battles on Tamrielic soil. Either way, I hope TES 6 introduces more large-scale battles for the player to take part in, more than dinky skirmishes, even if the background fighting is prerendered and not spontaneous. TES needs to step things up in terms of battle size

Wow, this got really long. Least it's done, been wanting to post this stuff for a couple months now

Couple more things about Skyrim itself; when my buddy told me in December that the next TES game was going to be set in Skyrim and to go watch the freakin trailer, I was mildly disappointed. While any province is as good as another, I had somehow hoped Bethesda would choose my precious Akavir as the host this time, but as I've stated above, I don't think they would go that route. What I WAS happy about was the great plot potential of Skyrim: a Nord civil war. That is awesome. So much potential there.

Ok, I'm done, food for thought

Please read this Bethesda and uh. . .if you have any writing openings I'd be happy to apply :biggrin:

Well thought out.... its like you are a History Major or somehting =-).

I hope they never end the series. As long as they keep pushing the envelop of how our NPC computer friends and world can RP with us, and let us continue to MOD, life is good. In fact, Modding is what makes this game stand out vs. other SP these days that die a quick death (no replay value I mean).