How do I stop GECK crashing all the time?

XTgrndr

I'm trying to work on my first mod, but the incessant and frequent crashing of GECK is slowing down and mostly stopping the process altogether.

So far, I've had this happen:

1. Crash when starting.

2. Crash when loading my mod.

3. Crash when editing NPC inventory.

Since this is incredibly inconvenient, is there anything that can be done to stop GECK's inherent instability?

I am using Windows 8.1 and a gaming PC with the latest components less then a month from the date of purchase.

Yeah the GECK powerup helps. It has some nice benefits too like it will tell you where a script isn't compiling properly instead of just silently failing. Plus it lets you edit esm files without changing them back to esp files first. On the down side, you will get a lot more annoying popups to click ok to just to do things.

As far as the inventory crash goes, on my system it only happens when you go from modifying the face then going directly to the inventory. The way to fix it is to close the character out and re-open it and then click on the inventory tab. Just get in the habit of never going directly to the inventory tab after the face tab.

I don't get crashes on startup so can't help you there.

Other than the obvious "give it time to load, no matter what it's doing, or you will crash clicking anywhere inside of the Geck" response, the inventory bug is exactly the same for me as it is for madmongo. I've learned the only thing that stops my GECK from crashing is sheer patience 100% of the time, and even then it will do what it wants to on a bad day. I've never tried the Geck PowerUp before as I've never really needed it, but I've always heard good things about it helping folks with a massive crashing problem.