Mod Organizer not running mods

nalathequeen2186

So I've taken a break from Skyrim lately but a friend requested a tiny mod so I made it in Creation Kit really quick, and wanted to test it. I had a BUNCH of problems starting Skyrim, I think I reinstalled it recently so I was getting all sorts of problems, I had to reinstall SKSE, and it was a nightmare even getting MO to run SKSE at all. I fixed all that, but now I have a problem that has literally no solution online. I have all these mods installed through MO, and they've always worked fine before, but now when I run SKSE they don't show up at all. It's like it just runs the vanilla game without any of the mods installed. I don't understand it.

And before you ask, YES, I am launching it through MO. All the plugins I want are checked but when I launch it through MO, no mods are loaded in the game.

Please help. I'm tearing my hair out.

Is your SKSE launcher in your skyrim folder? I don't know much about MO, but if it works like NMM, make sure it links to Skyrim's installation folder. When you reinstalled, it probably either installed in a different place or broke MO's link to the installation folder.

Yeah, it's in there. I've spent an hour trying to get everything back to the way it was.

I definitely remember something about pointing MO to where it's supposed to install the mods, which I had to do when I first installed it, but for the life of me I cannot remember how to do that, and I can't find any instructions on it in the guide. I'm not sure if that's the problem but it seems likely.

One question I have is, where did you install Steam/Skyrim and Mod Organizer? If it's under Program Files(x86) then locate the Mod Organizer.exe and run as administrator if you haven't done so already. Doing this can bypass the windows security feature in (x86) and allow the .exe files to have the permissions needed to run correctly.

Have you already tried this?

Yeah they're installed in Program Files (x86), but I've already made sure that MO, SKSE, and TESV.exe are running as administrator. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with MO not knowing where to put the mods while running the game, but I've been searching everywhere and there's no guide that I can find on how to do this, which is why I need someone experienced with MO. I'm still fairly new to it and I'm not that good at modding to begin with, I've just sort of stumbled my way into it and still have major problems with unstable load orders (although that's not my main focus right now. I need a damn modding tutor).

Well, I'm not very experienced with MO either, I've only been using it for a little less than 1 month.

For tutorials, you can watch the more well-known and in-depth explanations from Gophers' videos: www.youtube.com/user/GopherVids

Or, you can watch the more simple and straight to the point videos from GamerPoets: www.youtube.com/user/gamerpoets

I'm wondering, you say that no mods are loading when launching through SKSE, are the folder for the mods existent in the "mods" folder under the "Mod Organizer" folder?

And you do have Mod Organizer installed in Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim folder and not somewhere else, right?

Yeah, the mods are in the "mods" folder in Mod Organizer, I checked.

I have Mod Organizer hanging out in a little folder called "f*#@ Everything" in My Documents (because modding Skyrim is the most frustrating thing I've ever done), but that's where it's always been - I've never had any problems with it being there before. Do I just... move the folders over to the Skyrim folder, or something?

I prefer not to watch videos tbh, it's annoying to sit there and watch them cover everything I don't need first before they get to what I want, if they even do - and the only way to find out is to watch the whoooole thing. I used this guide when first starting out, but either I'm really bad at searching for stuff or there's nothing on how to get MO to run your mods in it, just how to install them (which I already know how to do).

So the main Mod Organizer folder is in My Documents? You definitely need to move it.

Your folder path should look like this:

C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Skyrim/Mod Organizer

If you have installed ModOrganizer.exe in another location, you may have to re-install MO into the Skyrim folder to get to properly work. I don't know if you will have to or not, you could simply try moving the Mod Organizer folder inside the Skyrim folder and see if that works. If you don't see at least 2 files that begin with "skse" inside the Skyrim folder, then you may need to re-install skse, but you could also just moving the 2 skse files needed into the Skyrim folder. Both start with "skse" and one ends with ".dll" and the other ".exe".

So I moved the Mod Organizer folder to the Skyrim folder and tried to run SKSE, and got this message:

"This process requires elevation to run. This is a potential security risk so I highly advise you to investigate if 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/TESV.exe' can be installed to work without elevation. Start elevated anyway? (you will be asked if you want to allow ModOrganizer.exe to make changes to the system)"

I... do not know what "elevation" means in this context. I'm afraid to click yes because I don't want it to mess up my game/computer....