Race

marharth

This is going to be a topic to discuss issues with racism, and differences between races.

1. Black people are not African American, they are black. White people are not called European American. I knew a white girl from Africa, it really is stupid to call black people African American.

2. The only time race should matter is if you need it for identification purposes.

3. We don't need a black history month, its American History. Why is it acceptable to call it black history month when you have to say African American?

4. I like what Morgan Freeman said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeixtYS-P3s

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morgen freeman for president! tbh he hits the nail on the head.

Im not americans but your country is what a few centuries old? black ppl have been a major part of that for a long time if what ive read in history is correct, from the civil war ect ect so why would it be seperate?. Theres to many labels already, politial correctness has created seperation more then any rascism has in rescent years. It is sadening.

marharth, the point of "Black History Month" is to focus on black historical figures and combat ignorance (there are a whole lot of white people who might otherwise not have heard of some of the people mentioned) rather than make white people feel bad and left out.

marharth, the point of "Black History Month" is to focus on black historical figures and combat ignorance (there are a whole lot of white people who might otherwise not have heard of some of the people mentioned) rather than make white people feel bad and left out.

I know what its for, but it doesn't do that at all.

Imo, the European brought their racism to America and somehow, they kept quite long. Even the true native Americans have problems to identify themself as Americans, which somehow only seems to fit European emigrants which were part of the founders. This seems to explain why there is a difference being made between Hispanics, Asian, Black, ... hence even American Indians (which is still kind of paradox).

What I still don't understand is how people confuse color with race. We're all the human race, doesn't matter if we're black, white, brown, olivey or whatever.

If I have to choose, I prefer talking color for blacks and whites, probably because they're polar opposites, yet at the same time, I certainly don't get into decrying the color spectrum by calling everybody else all of the shades in between, either.

I find the whole "African American" thing a disgrace. What the bleedin' hell am I, then? A "Norman-Scot-Irish-German American"? What kind of crap is that?http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/pirate.gif I personally think that if you were born there, and grow up there, you're American. If you want to be first generation, just-moved-there American, okay...there's a historical precedent for that, too.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/rolleyes.gif

There is a lot of hidden racism just like you pointed out, Marharth. It's almost never-ending in the US. Any sort of preference for anything, even if you just don't want to hurt somebody's feelings, is racism if you're basing your judgment solely on the color of their skin. I can't stand it, though I'll try to leave it at that and not rant on about it. gggrrrr*tryingveryhard*http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/mad.gif

Race does not have to be an issue of colouration. the destruction of ages past and present is an obvious example. As humans we are group orientated, this is something which is inherent in our make up. Some of us may try to bluff our way through saying that we are of the human race, which has an element of truth but I suspect such people of hypocricy just as I would racial supremacists of blind hatred. Only a fool or a sociologist, obviously in may cases they are the same thing, would deny the existence or desireablility of group identity, where does charity or compassion for non blood companions or strangers come from?

Insofar as obvious racism is concerned we might look at Africa where, for instance in Zimbabwe, people who have a paler skin are viewed as non native even if born on the continent. Let us remember hatred can work in many ways, the people who all should despise are those who would wish to cause antagonism based on non group/race commonality.

Race does not have to be an issue of colouration. the destruction of ages past and present is an obvious example. As humans we are group orientated, this is something which is inherent in our make up. Some of us may try to bluff our way through saying that we are of the human race, which has an element of truth but I suspect such people of hypocricy just as I would racial supremacists of blind hatred. Only a fool or a sociologist, obviously in may cases they are the same thing, would deny the existence or desireablility of group identity, where does charity or compassion for non blood companions or strangers come from?

Insofar as obvious racism is concerned we might look at Africa where, for instance in Zimbabwe, people who have a paler skin are viewed as non native even if born on the continent. Let us remember hatred can work in many ways, the people who all should despise are those who would wish to cause antagonism based on non group/race commonality.

Ah, so I'm a bluffing hypocrite, eh? Draw your sword, then!http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/pirate.gif I demand satisfaction!

hehehe

Well, I still think we're all the same damn race...until we have definite proof that the aliens came down and fooled around with the genes of 7 different (and some lost) monkey species, and put one each in North America, S. America, Africa, Sotheast Asia, Hyboria, Australia, and Antarctica (poor monkeys).

Ah, so I'm a bluffing hypocrite, eh? Draw your sword, then!http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/pirate.gif I demand satisfaction!

hehehe

Well, I still think we're all the same damn race...until we have definite proof that the aliens came down and fooled around with the genes of 7 different (and some lost) monkey species, and put one each in North America, S. America, Africa, Sotheast Asia, Hyboria, Australia, and Antarctica (poor monkeys).

In this case I'll be craven enough to admit to being a bluffing hypocrite (it's something to do first thing in the morning) and lurk in the shadows for a while... *happy pig does a runner*:sweat: