A modding question...

Moarp

Skyrim mods v. Oblivion mods  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How many more/less mods will be made for Skyrim in its first year than in Oblivion's first year?

• 300%+ more
    • 200% more
    • Mostly equal
    • 200% less
    • 300%+ less
  2. 2. How much better/worse will Skyrim mods be than Oblivion mods (in quality)?

• Much better
    • Better
    • Somewhat better
    • Same
    • Somewhat worse
    • Worse
    • Much worse

I have absolutely no idea how many mods were made for Oblivion in its first year (maybe another member can answer that). I would say that it would be somewhat equal, maybe a little more Skyrim than Oblivion.

I think that Skyrim mods will be, at the least, better than Oblivion's, mainly because of the new features in Skyrim.

What do YOU think?

I have absolutely no idea how many mods were made for Oblivion in its first year (maybe another member can answer that). I would say that it would be somewhat equal, maybe a little more Skyrim than Oblivion.

I think that Skyrim mods will be, at the least, better than Oblivion's, mainly because of the new features in Skyrim.

What do YOU think?

It will be a similar number of mods but slightly better quality. After all, modders improve with time ^^

I agree with Ub3rman.

New game, New generation.

I was bought to sign up to the nexus by fallout new vegas. Ive been lurking for a long time, But I thought I would give FNV a modding try. Now I have the skills I feel I could mod anything.........like a boss. =D

But I think we will see an epic influx of new modders, just as the old masters leave the modding scene.

Love what you said, because for the first time I will try to completely finish and upload my own mod. With the creation kit, I feel like it is a new or different thing, and it sounds like you are powerful.

I'll say it'll be the same. They're all the same people making the mods.

Eh, but the same people with better tools do better things. When I went from CS to GECK I could do so much more :laugh: ! Also yeah now that modding is now basically an established norm for Bethesda RPGs there'll probably be a massive surge of new modders. Hopefully this will be helped along by Bethesda too. If they've learned anything it's that modding tools need not only be available, but easy to get into. There was a pretty steep learning(not just using, but using well) curve for new modders. If they can really flesh out the tutorials (interactive stuff, better instructions) or work a little on user friendliness(no complaints from me though) they'll reap the benefits.