Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

You can do it without mod by following these step :

1* showracemenu

2* Edit/change what you want

3* SAVE without closing the showracemenu

4*LOAD this new savegame (without closing the menu)

And your character has been successfully edited without losing anything.

(beside hair if you choose the the bald hairstyle :lol:)

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

with this texture im having, ive been thinking, could it be the meshes from the moonshadow elfs and the xenius humans are diffrent, that its not letting the textures line up correctly?

just a thought

EDIT: also is there a mod that allows me to edit my characters features, hair/eyes/shapes/tones etc, without resetting the stats?

1. I think Moonshadow Elf uses one of Ren's head meshes or other custom head mesh that retains vanilla UV mapping, while most of Xenius' races use Head06 mesh which has different UV mapping(No, I don't use either one). So you can't use Moonshadow Elf facial texture on Xenius' races without some jobs and hassles.

2. You have to save your game while Race/Appearance changing menu('ShowRaceMenu') is open, instead of clicking 'Done'. To enable saving your game, simply open console mode after you're done(do not click 'Done'), then call menu by pressing 'Esc'. (Read UESP Wiki article)

I wonder, does this video use the Ring Of Wings mod for flying, or is it his own self-made flying mod?

I don't need people to tell me about the wings/weapons/whatever, I know it's ancient_laws creations, and his creations are 95% 97% private and that. Just a note to those who doesn't know about it. I'm only interested in the flying mod used. If it is ROW, I might trouble myself to download OBSE just to use it.

I wonder, does this video use the Ring Of Wings mod for flying, or is it his own self-made flying mod?

I don't need people to tell me about the wings/weapons/whatever, I know it's ancient_laws creations, and his creations are 95% 97% private and that. Just a note to those who doesn't know about it. I'm only interested in the flying mod used. If it is ROW, I might trouble myself to download OBSE just to use it.

ancient_laws has some really cool stuff doesn't he.

with this texture im having, ive been thinking, could it be the meshes from the moonshadow elfs and the xenius humans are diffrent, that its not letting the textures line up correctly?

just a thought

EDIT: also is there a mod that allows me to edit my characters features, hair/eyes/shapes/tones etc, without resetting the stats?

1. I think Moonshadow Elf uses one of Ren's head meshes or other custom head mesh that retains vanilla UV mapping, while most of Xenius' races use Head06 mesh which has different UV mapping(No, I don't use either one). So you can't use Moonshadow Elf facial texture on Xenius' races without some jobs and hassles.

Moonshadow elves use head06. In fact, they are set to fem01 version, but any other would do, fem03 looks much prettier, for example. Meaning they are compatible with Xenius's races and not compatible with vanilla/ren/corean/saram/sulhwa/lop-ear elf.

This of course doesn't make Xenius human race body textures compatible with Moonshadow elf head textures. Why would they be, they plainly use different skin color. What's stopping you, Kcboiye, from using Moonshadow body textures instead of human, is a mystery for me :smile:

Well, there is a method that you can use that won't reset your stats - while in the chargen menu, after making the changes to your character, go to your main menu and hit "Save", then save the game. The result will a new save that retains the original stats and your modified character. If Save is grayed out, try again by either bringing up the console and type "savegame" or reload your last save.

A mod to replace silver weapons.

Which one does that?

reason I ask is because of this

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=212661

You could also try to find which mod changed their texture and if needed copy/paste the dds where it should be, this mod http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21862 .

With rescope you should be able to find which mod changed your "texture source" and correct that with the ConstructionSet.

Moonshadow elves use head06. In fact, they are set to fem01 version, but any other would do, fem03 looks much prettier, for example. Meaning they are compatible with Xenius's races and not compatible with vanilla/ren/corean/saram/sulhwa/lop-ear elf.

This of course doesn't make Xenius human race body textures compatible with Moonshgadow elf head textures. Why would they be, they plainly use different skin color. What's stopping you, Kcboiye, from using Moonshadow body textures instead of human, is a mystery for me :smile:

Ah, thanks for pointing that.