Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

It's actually quite helpful response. Otherwise I would be looking for it in some foreign-language forums, fighting with google translate etc. Saying it's not available saves me some time, even if that's not the response I've been dreaming about ;) Some releases are just private for whatever reasons and while it's would be fabulous of you to make retextures and release it to public, it's not your obligation.

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The black retexture of Lady Elegance it was a gift for me. And I won't share it.

This type of comment is actually quite stupid. What if someone approaches you on the street and asks if you can spare some change and you reply "Sure, I have a lot of change but I won't give it to you" :laugh: It's better to say that you don't have any.

Just because of this I will make a black retexture of that dress and maybe upload it(if I get permission). Then your little texture can rot somewhere on your harddrive. Of course you don't have to share but it doesn't hurt unless it's ripped content.

As a matter of fact, it is ripped content. It's an outfit called Sugar, from Poser. Edit: Also, your post was a tad hypocritical.

I asked a question a few comments ago about how I was looking for InsanitySorrow's Pet Shop mod, but i've decided to generalize my question a bit more. However, if anyone does know where that mod is (and if it's reliable and compatible with other mods i'm using), then i'd still like to know. I'm looking for some sort of decent/reliable animal/creature companion mod. I'm currently using Ruined Tail's Tale and Companion Vilja mods, and i'm soon going to add Companion Neeshka to the list. I'd prefer something like a wolf, dog, lion, bear companion, etc., something more natural to wildlife than a creature. But any and all options and suggestions are welcome, and if I see something I wasn't aware of that looks good, i'll definitely use it. Who knows? There could be a great clannfear companion mod out there, for example. Thanks for any suggestions.

The black retexture of Lady Elegance it was a gift for me. And I won't share it.

This type of comment is actually quite stupid. What if someone approaches you on the street and asks if you can spare some change and you reply "Sure, I have a lot of change but I won't give it to you" :laugh: It's better to say that you don't have any.

Just because of this I will make a black retexture of that dress and maybe upload it(if I get permission). Then your little texture can rot somewhere on your harddrive. Of course you don't have to share but it doesn't hurt unless it's ripped content.

As a matter of fact, it is ripped content. It's an outfit called Sugar, from Poser. Edit: Also, your post was a tad hypocritical.

I just overreacted a bit and I hope Kj doesn't take it personal but it sounds rude when you say "I won't share" without giving a proper explanation or at least that was my first impression. When I read it now I don't think it's so bad anymore even if I would have said it differently if I was him. I guess I care too much about others...lol.

By the way, I think there are some ripped content here already on tesnexus, like Frostmourne?

@Bryman1970

Have you tried this mod? http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2054

Jojjo's stuff is definitely NOT ripped content. I know that WOW does not have that kind of detail in its meshes, you could probably render whole screen in WOW with the polycount some of his stuff has.

as for the pet shop, I don't think it ever came to be, perhaps if you ask InsanitySorrow himself he might let you have a beta.

@ Moire: I installed the Cheydinhal Pet Shop mod for a bit and puchased a dog. However, from that point on, i'd open my Bag Of Holding or use my dinner plate to eat and i'd get a message saying something about 'I've decided to use an item in a logcal manner' or something similar. Also, BOSS tells me that it affects other mods, and to use Insanity's Pet Shop mod instead. Another problem with the Cheydinhal mod is that it directly conflicts with the Vilja companion mod and says so in Vilja's read me: "Vilja should work very well together with other mods. However, an old mod called Cheydinhal Petshop affects a global that will prevent Vilja's daycounters from working (this is not unique for Vilja - the Petshop has the same effect on all mods with daycounters)." Any more suggestions? Edited by bryman1970

I just overreacted a bit and I hope Kj doesn't take it personal but it sounds rude when you say "I won't share" without giving a proper explanation or at least that was my first impression. When I read it now I don't think it's so bad anymore even if I would have said it differently if I was him. I guess I care too much about others...lol.

I did give a proper explination. It was a gift for me. Aka it was made for me especially cause I wanted a black version of that dress. The author went as far as deleting the download links so that no one can download it.

I hope you can understand how dear some things can be.

And no, I'm taking it personal. In in previous post I just stated 2 true facts. One of them being the reason for not sharing. Do I really need to say it like that: "It was a gift from a dear friend and I don't want to share it because it has sentimental value"?

Perhaps I should've explain a little more but atm I can barely keep my eyes open because of the high fever.

Edited by Kjkirimi

Sigh... This is why I've learned to stop asking for mods almost outright, considering if I will ever use them. If you want to find clothing and armor, you learn to search for it rather than ask, and hope that you're fruitful in the end. There's a few things I've seen that I wouldn't mind having, but I just think what it comes to is this - Once you get it, is there a character you have that would fit that armor well? Making a character per set or race you get leads to a lot of low-level characters that you don't have much compassion for, and personally that amount of modding has left me not wanting to play Oblivion because every time I start the game I essentially go clothes shopping with a character trying out new stuff which then I'm done with the game, or playing because I'm testing a change I made in a mod...

I still collect things, but now they're just there, not installed. Maybe once I learn that I should prepare my character's race, style and history on paper rather than "this looks good", I'd have more fun with the game...