Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

Does anyone know what mod this armor is from? This picture is from the Community Loading Screens mod. I was going to ask this in the mod's forum thread, but it appears to be locked.

oIPDnzi.jpg

If you go to the Skyrim section and ask, they might know as that Screenshot is NOT from Oblivion, as it is from Skyrim. Just look at the butterflies, the pose of the char, the face, and the blurred background. This is Skyrim for sure. :D I try to figure out where the screenie is taken, maybe from the Vampire Castle in North Skyrim added by the DLC DawnGuard? The armor looks like a mix of Dawnguard and DB armour really. DawnGuard pattern and DB fitting colors.

Finding an arrmor for Skyrim is like looking in a hay stack for a single nail... It is NUTS and 90% of all arours is just skimpy stuff, so it is hard to find something serious. Skimpy stuff is nice, in the right enviroment, so do not get me wrong that I dislike it, but walking around in North Skyrim, half naked and using Frostfall as I do, makes no sense at all from a RP point of view. I use the DragonScale armor now, the one made 2011 now, not even trhe GigaDeux Armor, which I do think looks much better than the one at that screenshot.Just look here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21836

21836-1628045147-1185671797.jpeg

I also got permissions to port that armor to Oblivion and you find my Port here: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/51938

51938-1651406091-1162569185.jpeg

Otherwise it looks like a DB armour... If that will give any hint in how to find it for Skyrim...

My char today in Skyrim. Screeny taken 2 days ago to show how to keep my char warm:

52192934177_b8f7cc2c8a_o.png

Edited by Pellape

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know what mod this armor is from? This picture is from the Community Loading Screens mod. I was going to ask this in the mod's forum thread, but it appears to be locked.

oIPDnzi.jpg

You will need to go to the Posts tab on that mod's page, not the Forum page for those same comments (posts are disabled using the Forum interface).

Thanks! That worked.

oIPDnzi.jpg

If you go to the Skyrim section and ask, they might know as that Screenshot is NOT from Oblivion, as it is from Skyrim. Just look at the butterflies, the pose of the char, the face, and the blurred background. This is Skyrim for sure. :D I try to figure out where the screenie is taken, maybe from the Vampire Castle in North Skyrim added by the DLC DawnGuard? The armor looks like a mix of Dawnguard and DB armour really. DawnGuard pattern and DB fitting colors.

Finding an arrmor for Skyrim is like looking in a hay stack for a single nail... It is NUTS and 90% of all arours is just skimpy stuff, so it is hard to find something serious. Skimpy stuff is nice, in the right enviroment, so do not get me wrong that I dislike it, but walking around in North Skyrim, half naked and using Frostfall as I do, makes no sense at all from a RP point of view. I use the DragonScale armor now, the one made 2011 now, not even trhe GigaDeux Armor, which I do think looks much better than the one at that screenshot.Just look here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21836

21836-1628045147-1185671797.jpeg

I also got permissions to port that armor to Oblivion and you find my Port here: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/51938

51938-1651406091-1162569185.jpeg

Otherwise it looks like a DB armour... If that will give any hint in how to find it for Skyrim...

My char today in Skyrim. Screeny taken 2 days ago to show how to keep my char warm:

52192934177_b8f7cc2c8a_o.png

Thank you! Hmm, I have butterflies in Oblivion thanks to one of the old Max Tael environments mod. But now that you mention it, it does look like it might be from Skyrim. If it is I am out of luck, as I wanted it for my current playthrough of Oblivion. I was thinking it was some kind of replacer of the Dark Brotherhood armor too, and I already tried going through all the Oblivion mods with Dark Brotherhood in the name, but with no luck. Maybe someone over on the mod topic will respond now that I know how to post there.

Edited by SubRosaFlorens

I made that armor actually. It uses retextured steel armor parts, Dark brotherhood suit, lots of rigged item stuff and i gave it to a friend for testing purposes. The Screenshooter up there made the outfit look more nice because he was a great modder.
This is oblivion and not skyrim, this is my pic when i started to put the stuff together:
449130-1461959733.jpg

This is from 2016 and the not available. Sorry. You are free to clone it if you want. You need dark brotherhood outfit as base, steel pauldrons, steel chest part duplicated in blender several times and so on. :smile:

I made that armor actually. It uses retextured steel armor parts, Dark bortherhood suit, lots of rigged item stuff and i gave it to a friend for testing purposes. The Screenshooter up there made the outfit look more nice because he was a great modder.

This is oblivion and not skyrim, this is my pic when i started to put the stuff together:

449130-1461959733.jpg

This is from 2016 and the not available. Sorry. You are free to clone it if you want. You need dark bortherhood outfit as base, steel pauldrons, steel chest part duplicated in blender several times and so on. :smile:

Thanks for replying and letting me know. It looks like it was good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a mod that make the companion change his/her outfit depend on the situation or a place? like for example : if he/she in a safe place like a city he/she will wear a normal cloths .. and if he/she inside a dangerous place like a cave or a fort he/she will wear an armor and equip her/himself with a weapon..

Edited by GamerSince1992

Good question. If not, you can make one your self. I can guide you but I do not have time to make one for you. I have 2 WIPs already and problems to get the thumb out right now. The ball is yours :D

Edited by Pellape

Of Course you can :D The thing is, most modders are busy with their own projects. I am. I have offered my self as a guide so many times. Not a single one so far has taken the offer and honestly, I cannot understand why. It is bot that complicated. You do have the Construction Set. All you really need to do is double click it to start with and load Oblivion.esm, that's it. Try it. Step 2 is to go back here and tell me, I wanna learn more. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Honestly.

So why can i guide you but not actually make it then? Well making stuff takes much longer time. We need to spread put the work load as well. If i made all requests myself, i would not had time making my own stuff, and that is what I need to prioritize. maybe someone else will take up the idea, IDK honestly. But if you want this, i guess you have to make it. I am good at writing Step by step instructions too. You can do it.

This one will be a bit complicated as I cannot say it will be easy. it is not only drag and drop like making a dungeon, as that is as easy as --- well anything honestly. It will require scripting, and I can help you write the script needed but you need to make it. You need to start somewhere really. So start up CS with Oblivion.esm, look at it, try a guide at least from here to start with. Get familiar with CS and if you do, a new door with possibilities will open up. I never forget the first Time i started up ConstructionSet in Morrowind 2004. I closed it down again, as I got hyper stressed, just by all new stuff. But then I realized, well if other can make something with this, I can as well, so i made this: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48774 and I had to remake it 2020 as i could not access my old account.

That tought me to make this and that is what i work on right now as it has no end as far as I can see. https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/52047

What I can promise is, I know how. You will be able to make it with my help. That mod is among the most complicated stuff made for this game, not to brag, but to let you know, you will be able to make it with me as your guide. The ball is now yours again. :D I do not see myself as a bragger honestly, Maybe I am? I really do not know honestly, I am what I am... :D Not special in any way really... What I mean is, it is not complicated.

The program is inside your oblivion folder and it is called TESConstructionSet.exe - try it. Load oblivion.esm, look around some.

I did had a good teacher 2004 and that was Qarl, who made Qarls retexture. R.I.P i would not been here without him honestly. We all had to start somewhere...

Edited by Pellape