⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

Of Course you can :D The thing is, most modders are busy with their own projects. I am. I have offered my self as a guide so many times. Not a single one so far has taken the offer and honestly, I cannot understand why. It is bot that complicated. You do have the Construction Set. All you really need to do is double click it to start with and load Oblivion.esm, that's it. Try it. Step 2 is to go back here and tell me, I wanna learn more. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Honestly.

So why can i guide you but not actually make it then? Well making stuff takes much longer time. We need to spread put the work load as well. If i made all requests myself, i would not had time making my own stuff, and that is what I need to prioritize. maybe someone else will take up the idea, IDK honestly. But if you want this, i guess you have to make it. I am good at writing Step by step instructions too. You can do it.

This one will be a bit complicated as I cannot say it will be easy. it is not only drag and drop like making a dungeon, as that is as easy as --- well anything honestly. It will require scripting, and I can help you write the script needed but you need to make it. You need to start somewhere really. So start up CS with Oblivion.esm, look at it, try a guide at least from here to start with. Get familiar with CS and if you do, a new door with possibilities will open up. I never forget the first Time i started up ConstructionSet in Morrowind 2004. I closed it down again, as I got hyper stressed, just by all new stuff. But then I realized, well if other can make something with this, I can as well, so i made this: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48774 and I had to remake it 2020 as i could not access my old account.

That tought me to make this and that is what i work on right now as it has no end as far as I can see. https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/52047

What I can promise is, I know how. You will be able to make it with my help. That mod is among the most complicated stuff made for this game, not to brag, but to let you know, you will be able to make it with me as your guide. The ball is now yours again. :D I do not see myself as a bragger honestly, Maybe I am? I really do not know honestly, I am what I am... :D Not special in any way really... What I mean is, it is not complicated.

The program is inside your oblivion folder and it is called TESConstructionSet.exe - try it. Load oblivion.esm, look around some.

I did had a good teacher 2004 and that was Qarl, who made Qarls retexture. R.I.P i would not been here without him honestly. We all had to start somewhere...

Edited by Pellape

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do as you wish. All at the request forum say the same thing you did just now. I just want to point that out. :wink: I do think this part of the forum is a waste of my time completely... I can use my time for better things as well, instead of trying to help you or anyone else at this corner of the forum to get started with CS. But that is my point of viewing it. I am lazy, by nature, very lazy, but I really create the stuff I want myself, As I really need all I make in game. I do not need a mod that is doing what you want it to do, therefor I will focus at what I really want to make, myself. The biggest Library in the whole Tamriel. I love the books in the game and I want to add a faction similar to the TV series The Librarians and I want to make a very Immersive Trading mod. It will take me 10 years to make it.

Well. My offer still stand, if you would ever change your mind. :D Think about it. :wink: But you have to prioritize what it is that is important to and for you of course. What makes you have fun every day, and most Important, what creative stuff do makes you happy. That counts for us all, to every single human being. :D Making something, makes me happy but it really depends on what I am making and how I do it :D

Maybe it is so that you create stuff your self. Funnier stuff than making a mod? :wink:

I also noticed now that I am not in the request mod section, as I am in the Oblivion Mod Talk forum... :D Damn me... Well, NM... ;)

Edited by Pellape

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Hey I'm new to Elder scrolls and decided that Oblivion should be my first ES game... I played an absolute ton of Fallout 3,NV,and 4... I decided to do Oblivion before skyrim because I don't have alot of free time to be at home with my desktop, but do have a ton of time put and about in town on my laptop and my laptop can't run Skyrim SE or Fallout 4... So Oblivion it is... one issue I am finding is the lockpicking, it sucks but I don't want to cheat... is there any mod that makes lock picking like Skyrim, and fallout 3, nv, 4?