Oblivion Mod Detectives

Povuholo

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I understand it's the author's right to keep things to themselves if they so choose, but why flaunt it around like that, or only make it available for a short time to a few people. It seems very counter productive to the whole idea of modding. Modding for your own personal game is all fine and well, but then why dangle it in front of the community? Just seems...I don't know, stuck up.

It's very bad form to criticize anything shared (or not), no matter what the author's stipulations. I know there are many people who seem to have that same sentiment, and I can understand why you feel that way, I suppose, but my loyalty and sympathy remains on the side of the modders themselves, who have a myriad of reasons why or why not they may or may not share things.

In this modder's case, I suspect he is protecting himself, but still would like to share what he's been able to do. Having been quick enough to grab a couple and look them over, they textures look like direct rips, and suffer a little from close inspection, though they do look great in game from the screens. I haven't even put them in my game at all, and I don't even know what I did with them, they had odd names, and I have about 70 gigs of mods, and have been getting disorganized again lately with the pressures of life..

At any rate, I do suggest you re-think your position from the perspective of a modder who worked hard on something and shared it, and then got a lot of flak and crap and ended up feeling pretty bitter about it. From that view, we're lucky anyone shares anything at all. Turns out folks are pretty darn generous.

So I saw this video once where someone could take stuff off other characters and equip/unequip items on them while they were still alive, and I know it wasn't just them stealing stuff.

I can't find the video again, and haven't been able to find this mod anywhere, anyone know about it?

Bump, I suppose?

How come he is so scare to share it? This is U.S and that game(SUN) only out in China and Japan.

The textures for those are most likely direct rips from another game. This is an infringement of copyright laws. The U.S. government doesn't protect people from copyrights they acknowledge. Besides, I seriously doubt the modder in question lives in the US.

So I saw this video once where someone could take stuff off other characters and equip/unequip items on them while they were still alive, and I know it wasn't just them stealing stuff.

I can't find the video again, and haven't been able to find this mod anywhere, anyone know about it?

Bump, I suppose?

It sounds like it could be Toastie's Companion Share Recruit mod:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3066

You also might need this:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22063

is there a mod where u can sheath ur off hand wep for dual wield?

All I know is that according to the modders of the mods I've downloaded (such as Samurai House and Dual Wield Stance, for reference) your off hand weapon is programed a different way than your primary weapon, so if you tried to make your offhand weapon used as a primary, the animations would come out wrong. So all I know is that you can make dual swords or whatever if that's what you were looking for, but you cannot have them both attack. Maybe there are modders that can, I do not know of them.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13551

go here for dual wield stance, which gives you the ability to wield two swords

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13551

and here for rise of a samurai, which gives good primary and secondary katanas.

I remember when this first started glad to see it's still up, because I need it, ha ha! Ok I know this mod exists because I had it at one point, it lets you become a skeleton you need the Book of Unlife and it's not the mod that turns you into a Lich I already looked but I can't find it. If someone knows what I'm talking about please help and thanks beforehand. :banana: Yeah! Peanut Butter, Jelly Time!!!