Oblivion on a Laptop

horsinround07

I am currently looking into buying a decent laptop, and would like some advice on a couple of different graphics cards I'm seeing. The laptops I'm looking at all have AMD 2.4 to 2.8 processors with 4GB of ram. The graphics cards are ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5145 or 4250, or NVidia GeForce 7900 GTX or 7950 GTX. Again, I don't expect stellar graphics out of any of these machines. My current desktop sucks (HP Pavilion Slimline, almost non-upgradeable, plan to build my own machine after taxes next January), has a GeForce 6150 se NForce 430, and game is super slow and glitchy. I recently upgraded our 7yr. old Dell Dimension E510 to 3GB of ram, 650 watt PSU, and Sapphire Radeon HD 4670, and am extremely pleased with the results (gave this computer to the kids about 2 years ago, almost tempted to take it back). If I can get my game to run as good on whatever laptop I end up buying, I'll be satisfied. I can't afford a top of the line system right now, but would like to be able to play my game on the go without having it constantly glitch out. Since graphics cards are constantly changing, and I'm having difficulty finding reliable information, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you:)

Another consideration that will affect your choice is screen size. LCDs are best run at native resolution and your video card needs to pump to those pixels. A laptop with a larger screen will therefore require a more powerful card than one with a smaller screen. I know, doesn't make the selection process any easier does it?

Currently I'm running oblivion off my laptop, and it actually runs better than my desktop (granted my laptop is brand new and my desktop is at least 4 years old). I have a Samsung QX laptop. 4gb ram, i5 Intel processor, and two memory cards (the computer switches between cards, a lower one for normal tasks, and a higher one for things like games and movies.). The higher card is a nvidia gf 310m. The card isn't the greatest in the world but currently I can play oblivion on highest difficulty with almost no lag.

I am currently looking into buying a decent laptop, and would like some advice on a couple of different graphics cards I'm seeing. The laptops I'm looking at all have AMD 2.4 to 2.8 processors with 4GB of ram. The graphics cards are ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5145 or 4250, or NVidia GeForce 7900 GTX or 7950 GTX. Again, I don't expect stellar graphics out of any of these machines. My current desktop sucks (HP Pavilion Slimline, almost non-upgradeable, plan to build my own machine after taxes next January), has a GeForce 6150 se NForce 430, and game is super slow and glitchy. I recently upgraded our 7yr. old Dell Dimension E510 to 3GB of ram, 650 watt PSU, and Sapphire Radeon HD 4670, and am extremely pleased with the results (gave this computer to the kids about 2 years ago, almost tempted to take it back). If I can get my game to run as good on whatever laptop I end up buying, I'll be satisfied. I can't afford a top of the line system right now, but would like to be able to play my game on the go without having it constantly glitch out. Since graphics cards are constantly changing, and I'm having difficulty finding reliable information, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you:)