Is there still no word on vampirism/vampires and werewolves in Skyrim?

SpellAndShield

We don't know if vampires will be in, we know that the lore says that there are vampires in Skyrim, so they should be in.

More so, they were in all previous TES games, so I don't see why they wouldn't be in Skyrim too.

The bigger question is, if you can become a vampire yourself.

Yeah Vamps will be in there, Werewolves? Maybe, they weren't in Oblivion but they do live in scattered numbers in Skyrim.

Most likely the info will come out in August and september, so just wait and see.

Do you have a source about the vampire part?

well on the gamefaqs forums, one of the commenters talked about there being Ice Vampires, unique to Skyrim. Now he said he found that on the wiki, but I didn't find it there...

They were indirectly confirmed in an interview with a guy named Cheng, the interviewer asked him about vampires and werewolves and Cheng said he´d love to talk about that but he couldn´t.To me sounds like "yes they are in but I can´t talk about it"

When people say "we can't talk about it" it doesn't instantly mean it is.

It could mean a number of things.

1. No, but they don't want to say no yet.

2. It is in planning and we are not sure.

3. It is in planning but we can't talk about it since we are still building it.

4. It is in planning but is not confirmed to be put in yet.

When people say "we can't talk about it" it doesn't instantly mean it is.

It could mean a number of things.

1. No, but they don't want to say no yet.

2. It is in planning and we are not sure.

3. It is in planning but we can't talk about it since we are still building it.

4. It is in planning but is not confirmed to be put in yet.

Why would he love to talk about it then? :P

http://iskyrim.webs.com/skyriminformation.htm There they say that vampires are already in the game, but the source is a bit edgy.

There was a small article in the French GameInformer Magazine on a Skyrim Q&A

Many people have been asking, "Will Skyrim feature Werewolves and Vampires?"

"Skyrim is a vast land and we at the studio are trying to cram so much stuff in the game and keep it as correct as possible compared to "Lore". Skyrim is home to deadly Vampire clans and the highest Werewolf population. At the moment Vampires are in the actual game, whereas Werewolves are still in development. Earlier this month, Todd decided on making DLC much larger than Fallout 3's DLC and this may feature Werewolves. They will not be the main focus in the large DLC but just a little side to it.

We haven't been talking much about Lycanthropy, since the major leak on the TV Channel GamR. Where a member of Bethesda confirmed Werewolves are in the full game, when the decision was not even made yet.

Don't get your hopes up for Werewolves, since they might not even fit in the game anymore, If you don't see our beloved Werewolves in Skyrim then you should expect them in one of the large DLCs."

Edited by hejpadig

At the creatures section it shows the image of a man and it says it´s a werewolf in human form due to his yellowish eyes.The image is contradicting the Q&A (http://iskyrim.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=130353238) Edited by scot

At the creatures section it shows the image of a man and it says it´s a werewolf in human form due to his yellowish eyes.The image is contradicting the Q&A

Yeah, I've seen that as well. I wonder if it actually is a werewolf, though. People have been speculating about his armor as well.

I have really high hopes that both vampires and werewolves will be in game.There is the cheng interview that I mention a few posts back and there was an interview with todd in the snow where he asked about vampires and stuff and todd said he can´t talk about it but the concept of the game is be what you want to be.At least I´m counting with vampires since I play as one in oblivion I want to continue with my oblivion character in skyrim as a 200 something old vampire.