Two Worlds II

ginnyfizz

Hahaha...despite the control freakery of Suckssss Precioussss, a Yahoo! search reveals to me a number of sites other than Amazon that DO already have it. Clickforgames and Gameseek. The latter have about 87 copies in stock I believe, and are selling it for PC at £19.85 plus £1.99 postage. Presumably because it is a bit of a turkey...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well whaddya know.....

I just got my download links from Gamesplanet!

Yay, nice one.

So whats it like, pants, poo, good & should I buy it ?

Think I've seen more conflicting reports for this game than any other.

Edit: its up on Game.co.uk to download at ten quid less than previously stated, Game.co.uk downloads are usually ten quid dearer than anywhere else, I think they're upset ;-)

I haven't played much so far as it took a fair while to D/L and install. Disappointing that I am not allowed to play a female in single player, as the female player mod doesn't work with the latest patch it would seem. Graphics quite pretty but not exceptional. Getting good frame rate, but the odd crash.

Buggy, buggy, buggy! I have got a few minutes into the game when our hero is visiting a prophetess and it freezes at a point when she is meant to be showing him something she has seen in a vision. Screen just goes dark at where the cutscene should be and hangs, although the PC does not crash, I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL and bring up task manager to get out of it.

Edited by ginnyfizz

I went into the game folder and was glowering at it when I realised...now here is the DX10 version of the exe. When I ran it from that, it did not hang at the cutscenes and looked MUCH better graphic wise. However, it does crash a fair bit, although when it runs, it runs smoothly. Let us hope that there is another patch and why, oh why, can we not play the SP campaign as a female? Seems to be the thing with a lot of the Gothic-y type games especially from European stables - Arcania and Risen are a bit sexist like that too.

I went into the game folder and was glowering at it when I realised...now here is the DX10 version of the exe. When I ran it from that, it did not hang at the cutscenes and looked MUCH better graphic wise. However, it does crash a fair bit, although when it runs, it runs smoothly. Let us hope that there is another patch and why, oh why, can we not play the SP campaign as a female? Seems to be the thing with a lot of the Gothic-y type games especially from European stables - Arcania and Risen are a bit sexist like that too.

I sometimes wonder if they have women in Germany, an awful lot of their RPGs seem to be sausage fests. Venetica is a notable exception, it also differs from other German RPGs by actually working and having combat that isn't a test in anger management.

Maybe developers in Europe general are trying to make the period of their games more authentic or they are trying to brainwash men that women must look like this "insert stereotype woman here". As much as I like that they are trying to make in authentic, I would like it if they bring the game to the 21st century. It's not that bad, it's a fantasy realm, anything could happen.