Installation Issue

Javalin

Edit: This might be in the wrong place - sorry!

Well, here we are again with an installation issue.

I've decided to make a clean installation of Fallout 3 - and even when i only bought the game a month ago, I had an installation issue with the DLC package in the GoTY edition.

At the time, my workaround for it was to explore the disc, and copy the files onto my system, and it worked far better than I had expected. Now, with that being said, I do have the Setup.ExE files on my computer for the expansions, but I find myself not being able to install vanilla FO3 via the CD for some reason that isn't known to me. I find that everything else I insert into my CD/DVD drive, including my seperate CD/DVD-RW drives work fine, it's just this one. It's acting pretty much as if the disc itself isn't even there!

Has anyone else had this problem before? Or any suggestions how to fix the problem.

DISCLAIMER: My copy of Fallout 3 GOTY edition IS NOT bogus, pirated garbage that you would find on the internet.

I have proof of purchase on Play.com and can obviously take a photo :)

The reason I have copied files over to my hard drive, is to stop the problem of installation via Auto-Play on the CD, simply because for some reason my drives don't see the disc is in there.

Edited by Javalin

Maybe. I did notice a slight white mark on the very edge of the disc (kinda looks like a calcium deficiency on a finger nail), but it shouldn't neccessarily effect it. Possible manufacturing error.

Later last night, I did manage to get it working - and transferred the data from the disc, and put it onto my hard drive.

Strange how it just picks when it wants to work.

Maybe it's just a problem with the installation, or just my system anyway. The specs/hardware are pretty low-end nowadays anyway. Going to get a new comp soon anyway when i get paid!

I have noticed a similar issue with ME2, but only under Vista. I dual boot Vista and XP, and when I put in the ME2 disc while booted to XP, no probs. But when I boot to Vista the OS refuses to admit there is a disc in the drive at all. There is no read error message either, no disc thrashing as it tries to read past a smudge or scratch. It just flat tells me the drive is empty....every single time. If that is what you are seeing and you found a workaround, please post it or PM me, dude. Cuz I am dying to figure out what causes that.