Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch [USLEEP]

Arthmoor

Arthmoor and team, I am truly all for this HOWEVER I would (speaking on behalf of those who STILL do not own the DLC's, or not all of them, as you'd be surprised how hard times can be in non 1st world countries (please do pay me a visit in South Africa)) kindly ask that you have the most sophisticated of plugins automatically detect what DLC's are loaded and then simply release fixes for them and not the missing ones? I am sure that can be done somehow? If the other DLC's are not masters as well? Then you are not flat-out discontinuing further support for everyone else. I get this shouldn't even be your priority or concern AT ALL, and you have done an INSANE amount more than Beth did to fix their own mess, and I guess having the latest (2.1.3) version is far better than no USKP... But as soon as you start changing dynamics like this then EVERYTHING shifts, for example mods that update may now incorporate the USLEEP version, and then those who can't use USLEEP won't be able to get their favourite mod patched up? Though this is in a much rarer case as usual these are only self-patches of the authors mod to play nicely with USKP.

In any event, thanks for the years of awesome additional Skyrim support and for continuing to work on this!! You guys are awesome! :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(please do pay me a visit in South Africa)

Ah ha, another fellow SA person!

I for one hope they continue both with a LE patch and separate patches for those who don't have all the DLC. And as for the price, I recently got a Legendary Edition code for only R100 from a guy through Steam and the LE was only R250-ish a while ago.

Now if I can get the damned thing installed on my new PC without effing load shedding I'll be happy.

(please do pay me a visit in South Africa)

Ah ha, another fellow SA person!

I for one hope they continue both with a LE patch and separate patches for those who don't have all the DLC. And as for the price, I recently got a Legendary Edition code for only R100 from a guy through Steam and the LE was only R250-ish a while ago.

Now if I can get the damned thing installed on my new PC without effing load shedding I'll be happy.

Wow, that was some really fast networking; huzzah!! :D

I can understand why they would want to work on a single project, far easier, though to me it would have seemed that if they continued working on each part as a separate item it could make things easier/lessen confusion as each patch relates to a different base game/DLC? Merging them could surely cause confusion, not to mention raise the ONAM count?

Anyhow, yeah it took me about 2 years before I could actually afford the DLC's (that is proper prioritisation of funds, food, rent, fuel etc.) even though I had the game and played it on its release (11 of November). And I know there are people in FAR worse situations. The reason I bring it up, especially for people like us in South Africa, is games like these which are Steam-only we do not have a regional price for games. We pay in USD. Now take your average wage in the US and you can surely work the game in, even at launch $60 doesn't seem so much when apparently lunch is around $10-$15. Here in South Africa, with the current exchange rate, $60 is equal to R765. The average wage here is R3,000, about $235. The cheapest place you will find to rent is about R2,000 ($135). Add in your food and other expenses and you can easily see how most people are not able to enjoy even games on a 50% discount. I personally wait for the large sales (66%/75% off) before I buy a game because I do have a lot of other responsibilities both of myself and others.

I had a HUGE discussion on this and how it isn't fair for developers/steam to do this, but this isn't the place for that. All I am hoping is that some consideration can be had for those who do not have the DLC's for whatever reason, or only have x or y of the x, y and z needed.

Regarding the separate patches (quoted from the original post):

As many existing issues as we could resolve for the 2.1.3 release cycle have now been cleared from the tracker and any issues remaining that are not feasible to fix have been closed appropriately. Any new issues submitted after this point will need to wait until the unification process is complete before we will even begin to consider touching them. Please, DO report them, just don't expect action for awhile. If it should become necessary (God forbid) for a hotfix to be released before the unification is done, then that will be the ONLY issue that will be addressed and will be handled only in whatever patch it may affect.

After the unification process is done, the existing separated patches will no longer receive updates. The files will remain up in their existing entries but will be frozen and the comment threads closed where possible. All future support will be handled on a single file entry for the unified project on each site it is hosted on.

Edited by blackpete8427

I wonder how to change the master file requirement of a mod from USKP to USLEEP in Tes5Edit.

My thoughts about how to do it, please tell me if these are right:

1.Load the following plugins into Tes5Edit: USKP + USLEEP + the mod which requires USKP.

2. Add USLEEP as a master to the mod.

3. Push the clean masters button. Will that remove USKP from the required master files of the mod?

I wonder how to change the master file requirement of a mod from USKP to USLEEP in Tes5Edit.

My thoughts about how to do it, please tell me if these are right:

No, that won't work. But changing the master requirement is as simple as editing the master name.

1. Load the mod that requires USKP. (TES5Edit will automatically load USKP too.)

2. In the File Header for the mod, edit the "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp" master entry to be "USLEEP.esp".

3. Close TES5Edit and save your changes. (And don't try to do anything else in that same session or TES5Edit could get very confused.)

My guess is that by release time for USLEEP someone will write a TES5Edit script or even an entirely separate program to automate the process.

Just keep in mind that mods with dependencies on more than one of the patches aren't going to be that easy to fix. I already did one such instance for a mod in my load order and had to manually fix the broken form IDs.