Fallout 3 Crashing. Please help.

Enad1

@Proconsul- FOMM has BOSS built in though, doesn't it?

No. Though FOMM will check load order in a similar manner to BOSS, it won't generate a list of all your mods with notations to warn you about potential problems the way BOSS does. When you run BOSS it actually checks each of your mods against its own online database of known issues, and then it loads the results into your browser via a script, so that you can see specific known issues on each and every mod you have installed with potential problems in bold print to help you run through it quickly. It also works and plays very well with FOMM, FO3edit and WryeFlash.

Anyways, I tried launching through FOMM with FOSE and through steam with FOSE, and they were both stable...but it seems doors are my problem now, It's like I have to save before every door because I don't know if it's gonna crash or not.

Any ideas?

We still need to see your entire load order before we can really answer questions like this.

Alright, I guess I'll give BOSS a try.

Once again....That is my ENTIRE load order, I've just cut off the bottom for the sake of the screenshot. So can you provide any help now that that is cleared up?

That isn't the entire load order info. According to that scroll bar in your pic, there are at least two more mods off the bottom of that screen that we can't see. Presumably one of them is your merge patch, but it would help to know what the other(s) is(are). Also, at least 7 or 8 of the mods that we CAN see have their names truncated because of the column formatting. Without being able to see the entire names of those esp files we cannot tell for sure which ones they are.

And if you are gonna go to the trouble of exporting your load order, you might also wanna insert version numbers on the major players there, particularly FOSE, MMM, RH Iron Sights and most of all FO3 itself.

Another suspect that comes to mind based on the frequency of your crashes is heat. Running that many mods means there is a lot of extra script activity going on, in addition to the normal load that vanilla FO3 generates. On a machine with marginal wiggle room, thermally speaking, the line between "runs fine" and "overheats every 10 minutes" can get pretty thin. That's such a simple thing to check, and simple to overlook, that I thought it deserved a mention. A few dust bunnies here and there inside your box could explain the whole mess. Prolly not, but worth looking.

Edit: I just noticed one thing that needs fixing there, though it might be unrelated to your crashes: the Broken Steel plugin for Iron Sights is bugged. Rogue Hallow posted an alert a few weeks ago warning folks not to use it until he can get a fix out. (this is the kinda thing BOSS could prolly have warned you about)

Edited by proconsu1

I recently removed the last mod on the list, was just something small I didn't need, but it still crashes, so that wasn't the problem.

I've downloaded the most recent versions of all the mods you listed and patched FO3 when I got it.

My cooling is fine, I have a GTX 580, it runs below 55c when playing FO3, I run a temp monitor on my second monitor.

Yeah I just saw that thing about the Anchorage bug, I'll try disabling that and seeing if it fixes anything.

I'll give BOSS a go sometime soon. I'm pretty involved in New Vegas at the moment, but I still do want to get back to Fallout 3 without the constant crashes.

Thanks for the continuous help.