Total War: Shogun 2

SpellAndShield

I'll bet that the mechanics haven't changed. It's a RTS game, it's not like AOE or SCII where you can control a unit but control an entire group, and run an enitre state. Plus it's Total War, everyone loves it.

Maybe I am just not used to this kind of game but I could not really get into it. I won't be buying it, I think.

Can anyone convince me of its awesomeness? A friend of mine loves it...

A few months ago I played a mod of Rome Total War in which my Spartiate Greek Empire dominated everything on the modified map from Gadaria to Ireland except a rump Roman state which occupied territory within Europe east of what is now the current Polish border. In my playthrough I intended to create an alternate history in which the deadening hand of Rome had not dominated western eurasia and destroyed learning. Sure I reckoned, so my Spartiate state was reactionary but my Spartiates would be at the frontiers, this would allow a war of Greek independence to roar through the now hellenised eurasia and beckon in a second golden age of greek culture and so reducing the misery of barbarism, disease and poverty by many centuries. This would have happened without a death of system total PC Apocalypse which also erased my Bethesda games. Total War games are among the few which allow us to redress the wrongs of history, within a safe gaming environment, and say wow, what if?

From the first Shogun Total War until today, Total War is the closest we get to gaming Historica What If? Total Freedom.

Sometimes getting into games is hard.

I mostly need 1-2 hours of gameplay to get into a game (Only when I play the game for the first time ofc), and then it starts to be fun.

The Total War series has always been hard to get into.

But then, when you learn the UI, the gameplay mechanics you can't stop playing.

Shogun or Empire are not really my type of setting, so I will pass.

But Medieval and Rome were a blast!

First make sure that you like the Japanese setting, and then play the game for a bit longer.

You will get into it in no time!

Edited by Iv000