⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

It's holiday/DDoS season

Dark0ne

In response to post #27180079.

MotoSxorpio wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up. Maybe school should be full-time, keep the kiddies off the keyboard.

I think that's a little too overboard. Yeah, some kids are f*****s but I've met plenty who can be a lot more adult than men. I think everyone's too quick to tar everybody with the same brush. Just because some kids like to mess people's fun up doesn't mean every single child with a computer wants to DDOS a modding site. Just food for thought.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a DayZ admin, as well as part owner of a DayZ server, we run into this sort of crap all the time. So much so that we have to keep moving our IP so that we don't get DDoS'd along with everyone else under our provider, or at least attacked as much. When it comes down to it, all you can really do is wait the little twerps out until they get bored or stopped. Or, if you have the monetary means, buy a dedicated computer to run the server on, otherwise known as a "dedi-Box". This makes the frequency of the attacks much, much less. What does this have to do with your website? Almost nothing, but I thought I'd put my two cents in anyway. Edited by zeke102onmc

In response to post #27187839. #27188199 is also a reply to the same post.

FurAfterDark wrote: Who would DDoS a modding community? isn't that kinda an oxymoron move? o.o
Madcat221 wrote: Petulant little twerps do it. Particularly ones who wanted to turn this place into their own personal playground but were denied.

If you run across anyone elsewhere on the 'Net that claims they were banned from the Nexus network "for no reason", ask their handle and search that forum to see the "no reason".

Well i mean technically taking down the entire site would effect the modders and people just want to download mods more than anyone else so that kinda seems selfish to do that

They just butt-hurt that they gotta go back to school, where the thought of having to do something besides sit in front of a computer 24/7 for once is too much for their feeble minds, so they take it out on the internet because they dont have any friends to complain to.

In response to post #27187839. #27188199, #27190479 are all replies on the same post.

FurAfterDark wrote: Who would DDoS a modding community? isn't that kinda an oxymoron move? o.o
Madcat221 wrote: Petulant little twerps do it. Particularly ones who wanted to turn this place into their own personal playground but were denied.

If you run across anyone elsewhere on the 'Net that claims they were banned from the Nexus network "for no reason", ask their handle and search that forum to see the "no reason".
FurAfterDark wrote: Well i mean technically taking down the entire site would effect the modders and people just want to download mods more than anyone else so that kinda seems selfish to do that

Dumb kids with nothing else to do with their lives, that's who.

In response to post #27187839. #27188199, #27190479, #27190754 are all replies on the same post.

FurAfterDark wrote: Well i mean technically taking down the entire site would effect the modders and people just want to download mods more than anyone else so that kinda seems selfish to do that
Setekh79 wrote: Dumb kids with nothing else to do with their lives, that's who.

Well if it's DDoSing, aren't those kids technically smart? ;3

In response to post #27188304. #27188919 is also a reply to the same post.

Thaiauxn wrote:

If you have that kind of tech power and use it to suppress bad people, you're a hero. If you do it for s#*! - what does that make you? When we find you, what should we do to you?

I think Ddos attacks and the like are a very good example of why it's bad to let your disenfranchised youth go completely without any direction or available social services. You have to have a moderate income to sustain a botnet. Even just a laptop will do, but it takes time and patience. Anybody willing to go through that level of work would be awesome if they had some direction and a job that needs solving. Find them. Put them to work. Inspire them. Give them a reason to wake up in the morning.

Skyrabbit wrote: Good point, well made.

Now your talking ! This Damn common-core education system is so into dumbing down the kids, that they actually come up to me now and ask me why are they teaching us so poorly.

This generation of kids really needs what you just stated beyond anything that most realize !

In response to post #27188304. #27188919, #27191199 are all replies on the same post.

Thaiauxn wrote:

If you have that kind of tech power and use it to suppress bad people, you're a hero. If you do it for s#*! - what does that make you? When we find you, what should we do to you?

I think Ddos attacks and the like are a very good example of why it's bad to let your disenfranchised youth go completely without any direction or available social services. You have to have a moderate income to sustain a botnet. Even just a laptop will do, but it takes time and patience. Anybody willing to go through that level of work would be awesome if they had some direction and a job that needs solving. Find them. Put them to work. Inspire them. Give them a reason to wake up in the morning.

Skyrabbit wrote: Good point, well made.
fallout31961 wrote: Now your talking ! This Damn common-core education system is so into dumbing down the kids, that they actually come up to me now and ask me why are they teaching us so poorly.

This generation of kids really needs what you just stated beyond anything that most realize !

this is why we need an upvote button for comments on this site.