CBBE vs UNP

Andriokz

Was wondering if there were major differences between the two bodies. I noticed most UNP settings opted for model like body where as CBBE was mainly luscious curves. But is there a difference between the two given CBBE can achieve that UNP look with the sliders?

Which do you guys prefer and why?

They are both equally popular.

Yes, completely equally. There was a poll started almost immediately when the two came out that ran for a good couple of years before I lost track of it and the split, despite hundreds of votes for each, was almost exactly 50/50.

I have noticed that people and modders who favor less revealing outfits, in general, tend to prefer UNP and it's derivatives. People and modders who prefer more revealing outfits generally prefer CBBE and it's derivatives. Both camps are pretty happy with their choices and rarely change their base which says a lot about both bodies.

Though I've personally been head over heals for CNHF (an UNP derivative) since I first laid eyes upon it, I doubt I'll stray much further from UNP than that.

*I use derivative in this case to mean compatible. Most of the UNP compatible models were not built from UNP as a base but were created from scratch by their various modelers who then decided to use UNP's UVmap in order to increase the mod's compatibility with what was already available for download. While many CBBE derivatives are actually formed from the original CBBE base using bodyslide.

I'll be honest, I only chose CBBE over UNP because I thought the CBBE body looked a little better. I never gave any thought to armor mods at the time, though I've found that most armors (at least most of the ones I've tried) will fit either one.

Here's the original thread, for those interested.

I have and will always prefer CBBE. I prefer natural-looking bodies, and CBBE is the most natural in my eyes, as it's the closest to my own body shape. The fact it also doesn't have huge boobs, with or without BodySlide, is a plus. XD

I do hate skimpy outfits, though, but there's a few outfits that fit my taste (and I don't really 'play dress-up', so even one outfit is fine) and at least Outfit Studio can be used to convert stuff.

When I first dived into the mods I initially chose the CBBE normal with a few tweaks in bodyslide. Then I switched over to normal UNP with a light fitness overlay and this remains my favorite combination. For the last few weeks I have been using the UNPB body...very nice. Anytime we move between CBBE or UNP or whatever, we have to think about the armor or clothes we like and whether the switch offers us the same choices. I think both CBBE and UNP body styles and thier variants are great but Im a dedicated UNP fan. Outside of body choices it is the face choices that give me fits while trying to avoid at all costs the dreaded "grey face"

I prefer CBBE...though both CBBE and UNP are more fantasy ideals than realism (aka: the waist) both also represent certain realism ideals, the CBBE more voluptuous, the UNP is thin...also the UNP has a higher polygon count from what I have heard. I personally don't like how thin the UNP is, looks too thin and unhealthy to me, as it is I broaden the waist and add a little weight to the stomach on my CBBE in the Bodyslide in an attempt to head more towards realism and a healthier appearance...It all depends on the look you personally prefer.

I use both.

Vanilla races are CBBE & custom races are UPN. Followers are mostly UPN.

For CBBE I use the Imitation UPN preset in Bodyslide. It is fantastic.

It is really a good brain exercise trying to remember what follower has what body or what version of an armor I downloaded since I have over a100 of both.

In the end it works.

Later

UNP is just far more convenient to use for me. Most of the armour mods and armour mod makers I like use UNP, which means I don't have to spend time converting them. I keep my character at a heigher weight and have normalmaps on her with some muscle definition so I don't consider her as rail thin. I rather like the proportions too (the wide hips is a feature I like), and don't think of it as too idealistic. (I've encountered this body shape in life drawing models before, and from what I remember, it's a rather pleasing shape to draw.)

Edit: I forgot to mention that it's only my character using this body. Everyone else in my game is using the vanilla body, as I really don't have anything against it. Again, as UNP textures also work with vanilla bodies I find it to be more convenient for me to use.

Edited by Laereal