Random Events

TotalRookie

How about, you could be walking or riding along the road, and someone is crying over a dead body. After like 5 seconds of crying, they plunge a sword into themselves, commiting suicide.

If this was Oblivion, there would be two people crying. After 5 seconds they would turn to each other, and one of them would say: "I saw a couple of Mudcrabs yesterday. Nasty little creatures, i avoid them whenever i can." :hurr:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this.

A young Mage walks past you on the road, you say hello.

Then he gets very excited about meeting dragon born. Infact he gets so excited that he accidentally summons mehrunes dagon. Who then goes off to stomp on a small town

• 1 month later...
refresh my memory, what random events were in Fallout 3?

Raiders, Slaves with explosives on their necks, Hitmen, Talon Company, The opposite of Talon Company, that guy with an unloaded shotgun who tries to rob you...

Edited by 10dmcghee

todd said in a Bethesda podcast that dragons would appear in random encounters, there is random encounters.

Thought I heard that, but i listened to the podcast awhile ago so I forgot thanks!

I also had heard or read somewhere where Bethesda said they're "drawing all the way" on the level of detail, so you will be able to see a dragon flying around somewhere and decide to avoid it or not. So maybe some dragon encounters will be random, and some will be that they were already there and spotted you?

Some are confirmed, here's your list.

Broken down merchant caravans.

Random Dragon encounter. Confirmed.

Bandit Ambush/Dark Brotherhood Ambush.

Some guy falling out of the sky with an overpowered Acrobatics Scroll.

Environmental Events (Avalanche?) would probably eat up resources T.T

Getting pickpocketed in towns If you drop something, they would possibly react to it.

Getting mugged in towns Confirmed.

Bar fights while in bars Confirmed.

Finding Murder Victim/Suicide

Attack by Adoring Fan I hope.

ive always thought they should have a bunch of player-like-NPCs. as in a bunch of people running round the world in a similar way as the player (but not a dragonborn obviously)

that means you might see them at night breaking into shops or houses, you might encounter them looting dungeons (and upon speaking to them, they might help you, or see you as a threat and fight you)

you might see them in a fight to the death with some other guy, or you might see them doing there own quests.

ive always thought they should have a bunch of player-like-NPCs. as in a bunch of people running round the world in a similar way as the player (but not a dragonborn obviously)

that means you might see them at night breaking into shops or houses, you might encounter them looting dungeons (and upon speaking to them, they might help you, or see you as a threat and fight you)

you might see them in a fight to the death with some other guy, or you might see them doing there own quests.

Yes! Other heroes who can be good or evil. :D

I personally liked the random event in Red Dead Redemption where you are riding along and you see like an overturned wagon with it's horses shot dead and bodies everywhere and a lady is crying. Trying to be helpful, you get off your horse and walk over to talk to her. But it turns out that she is a con artist and steals your horse. Same could go for Skyrim, but with more illusion spells and crap