A big "Hello" to the Community

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #27245429.

Farvahar wrote: It should be easier to donate, I'm thinking a system like the Steam wallet, where I can chip in a few cents or a dollar to a mod project with one click of a button (or two). Give the Nexus 5% of the donation, and you have a winning formula.

Sure, but one of the big selling points of the Nexus' donation (to modders) system is that 100% of it goes to the modder(s) you donate to.

Welcome to the party, Paul!

I'm looking forward to the changes and improvements to come. It'll be interesting to see what you and Robin will come up with now, or already did.

So far most of the changes or additions were always done after public discussion with either the authors alone or all site members in general, depending on who it affected primarily, and now having someone else besides Robin, dedicated to the task even, will definitely be of huge benefit.

Here's to many years of successful work with the community and the site as their new Director of Content! :thumbsup:

Edited by DrakeTheDragon

In response to post #27212259. #27234394 is also a reply to the same post.

Lice23 wrote: Unfortunately, I only thought of this stuff after taking the survey, so I thought I'd go ahead and post it here. I'm really a big fan of material design. I think it looks very modern and is easily accessible and navigate-able (take a look at the LOOT site if you'd like to know what I 'm talking about). Perhaps if the site's design were to take a step in that direction, I think it'd be quite the improvement. =)
Another, smaller, thing I'd like to mention is that I think the tags could do with an overhaul of sorts. Adding new ones, maybe renaming some of the more general ones... I suggested this in the survey, but I'll go ahead and say this again, it'd be really awesome if there was a tag suggestion box at the bottom of the tag tab. The way this would work is, after suggesting a tab, it'd be voted on, like the rest of the tags, and, after achieving a certain number of upvotes, it'd be formally added to the tags. Likewise, if this same tag (or something very similar, maybe mods/admins can take a look at the suggested tags once in a while) is suggested a certain number of times, it gets added to the default tags.
Let's take the wonderful Cleric mod by masterbobcat as an example (here's the link if you'd like to see for yourself: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59932/?).
Obviously, this mod was added to help roleplaying as a cleric. So, why not add a tag for this? There could be a general tag for roleplaying, and then a more specific tag for the Cleric "class".
What do you guys think?
BlindJudge wrote: Hey Lice23,

We have a lot of people mentioning tagging in the survey and it's def something that we will be looking at, the responses have been truly amazing and only now am I really understanding the affection people have towards the site. It's incredible and humbling!

Every response we've received I will be going through. (Just hit 11000 replies) and making note of everything said - my weekend is going to be busy, busy, busy!

If you think of anything else, then please drop me a pm.

Good luck! I think you'll need it xD Oh, and welcome! Forgot to mention that! I'll be sure to PM you with any more ideas that float across my mind!

I just don't understand am I the only one who hates the message system here? Notifications like so you want me to reread through 100s of comments to see if the mod author replied to my comment?

Using sites like:

- Newgrounds.com

- Deviantart.com

- Youtube.com

- imgur.com

I know have a comment system in place but nexusmods unfortunately doesn't have it.

You may think this isn't a big deal but it kinda is the "community" can't keep in contact with each other unless they're desperate.

EDIT: Also you open notifications it is a long list if you tracked a bunch of mods why not go to a separate page?

Lastly I wont respond due to me not receiving any indication of me getting a message.

Edited by aareyn

In response to post #27252514.

aareyn wrote: I just don't understand am I the only one who hates the message system here? Notifications like so you want me to reread through 100s of comments to see if the mod author replied to my comment?

Using sites like:
- Newgrounds.com
- Deviantart.com
- Youtube.com
- imgur.com

I know have a comment system in place but nexusmods unfortunately doesn't have it.

You may think this isn't a big deal but it kinda is the "community" can't keep in contact with each other unless they're desperate.

EDIT: Also you open notifications it is a long list if you tracked a bunch of mods why not go to a separate page?

Lastly I wont respond due to me not receiving any indication of me getting a message.

Agreed, this commenting system is strange, and hard to keep track of sometimes. I should have put that in the survey.

Also, the white text on dark background is a slightly tiring (to the eye) color scheme, but there are so many other sites out there that use it that maybe it's better for other things. Edited by 1wolffan