Why doesnt enchanting work for me?

Yazatus

Thanks Pob and Darmoth.

Im a level 34 Dunmer Warrior right now and I know 70% of the map so I do have the sword Umbra of course. :)

Just tried some soul trapping first with a scrib (with another low lvl character) and later with my Warrior and several Golden Saints..

I just wonder..do I have to take all other soul gems off to trap souls on Azuras Star?

And Id like to know what spells should be bought to get the fortify attack and fortify skill (important for me!) enchantments.

I already got fortify attribute, levitate, water breathing etc. and any kind of elemental damage but Im really missing the enchantments mentioned before..

IIRC one fortify spell (of any kind) will enable you to enchant a suitable sword or whatever with fortify any attribute. In other words it is the type of spell not the name that counts. I have posted elsewhere of useful constant effect spells night-eye, water breathing, water walking, levitate are a few. You can cast these on your clothes. Fortify can be helpful, if expensive, I use fortify strength and speed. I also have a permanent telekinesis spell but it's not all that useful. With rings, amulets, clothes, armour and weapons to enchant you can turn yourself into something quite different. If you have the money, that is!

just wonder..do I have to take all other soul gems off to trap souls on Azuras Star?

No, it will put it there first (I think, somelesle may like to confirm this)

As for fortify attack, as far as I know there is no one with that spell. There are only a few was to get fortify sklill, the Morag Tong quests or Tribunal (there is a seller in Mournhold that has them)

If you have an enchanted weapon or item you can always try and recharge it using Azura's Star, even if you fail it will clear out the soul and give you an empty slot. Just drag the Star over your person in the inventory and it will give you a promt, select recharge item and use it that way. It also really helps for getting enchant up in levels.

levitate isn't really the best enchantment to make constant effect though. It's best to make it cast on use, so you can set it for 30 seconds or so with a higher power.

if you use constant levitation all the time, you also won't increase your athletics or acrobatics.

EDIT: w00t!!! this is my 69th Post!!! lets break out the rubbers! (i mean rubber wine plugs of course :P )

Archived