Pet Peeves

jallard

I really hate it whenever my companion makes a kill, for some reason my characters get's turned around facing the direction of my companion. It's so disorienting! Especially while running. I wish I knew why the devs did this!

I notice that too. I would be so engrossed in the game working my way along a cavern, a corridor or whatever and just when I am about to do something --albeit crack a computer, turn a lock, or fire on some enemy, my companion(s) gets a kills and I am suddenly facing them instead of pursuing my intentional goal. It actually pisses me off every time that happens.

Ive...never had this problem. Do you keep killcam on?

And I do agree that NV seems to have less than FO3, FO3 felt like a world rife with adventure and things to discover, NV feels so very funneled in its almost a FF game.

Edited by minngarm

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate it whenever my companion makes a kill, for some reason my characters get's turned around facing the direction of my companion. It's so disorienting! Especially while running. I wish I knew why the devs did this!

I notice that too. I would be so engrossed in the game working my way along a cavern, a corridor or whatever and just when I am about to do something --albeit crack a computer, turn a lock, or fire on some enemy, my companion(s) gets a kills and I am suddenly facing them instead of pursuing my intentional goal. It actually pisses me off every time that happens.

And I do agree that NV seems to have less than FO3, FO3 felt like a world rife with adventure and things to discover, NV feels so very funneled in its almost a FF game.

There are times when I am more focused on doing something, than caring about looting some body --especially one that has nothing useful or of any value to me: which, incidentally is 99.9% of the time in all RPG games. You break open a safe for a couple of bottle caps , an apple or a used rubber.

There are times when I am more focused on doing something, than caring about looting some body --especially one that has nothing useful or of any value to me: which, incidentally is 99.9% of the time in all RPG games. You break open a safe for a couple of bottle caps , an apple or a used rubber.

Seriously, I have never had it once swing my cam in any direction I did not tell it to go. Of course I have kill cam disabled, which im assuming is what you guys are experiencing when you have this happen?

Seriously, I have never had it once swing my cam in any direction I did not tell it to go. Of course I have kill cam disabled, which im assuming is what you guys are experiencing when you have this happen?

You are probably right. The next time i replay it, I will check. Right now I am playing DA 2.

I have killcam on and never had that problem. But then, the fire gecko isn't an "official" companion... maybe I should pick up someone to test...

I dunno, your companion may not be official, but it certainly isn't far-fetched.

I turn kill cam off because it's dumb. Or, I think it's dumb. *shrug*

Y'know, you can turn off automatic updates.

How do you do this?

In game -> Settings -> Kill Cam -> None

should fix it me thinks

Like I said in my recent thread here, I think the big problem with New Vegas is the main quest. Some of the side quests (like 'Volare' with the Boomers for instance) I thought were better and more compelling than the main quest. I dunno guys, I kind of feel like the main quest in New Vegas kind of limits the player, whereas the main quest in Fallout3 has a more free and open-ended feel to it, which is why it feels natural to keep playing F3 after completing the main quest (as long as you enter the right Project Purity password ;). Again, I was in awe of the Fallout3 ending, whereas with New Vegas I was left feeling kind of 'meh'.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually felt the opposite playing FO3, but maybe it's because I played NV first, although it could use more stuff.

Peeves:

-The quest-breaking glitches

-ED-E disappearing or firing on allies for no reason

-Companions fighting to death in Lucky 38 (mostly Rex vs Boone)

-No Rita's Cafe! I know I'm not the only one since there's an awesome thread about making it in a mod. :)

-Is there a disease that kills off any aspiring architect before they can de-corpse a bathtub?

-Cazadors, deathclaws

-Ammo crafting (overcharge and recycling is cool, but anything with the powder seemed pointless and a pain)

-Lack of cool, craftable junk weapons like in FO3

-Invisible walls are fine for the edge of the world, but getting to Foxtrot was ridiculous!

-Why drink from a toilet when there's a sink? We need a poop mod!

-So many useless pencils...

-Nights are so light, Cat Eye is almost useless (unless you like the color blue that much)

-Finishing a dungeon area like Helios, Vault 22, or Hoover Dam, and getting lost, unable to fast travel

-I wish the Legion was less blatantly evil. It would make choosing sides much harder than it already was.

-Watkins' yellow hair

-Also, as much as I love Raul, this bugged me so much, I had to draw this cartoon:

http://kazfoxsen.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3c9434

Seriously, if Veronica can do it, so can you! Thankfully there's a mod for that.