How do you Roleplay?

Th0raxeIV

After reading some post in another topic I have....I noticed that some people really do Roleplay this game.

I mean when I play an RPG I play as myself (I use the name Th0raxe must of the time but still)...I like to play has if I was in that situation what would I do?

Now yeah I do like to do the "bad" things in the game, I love the Dark Brotherhood, but I still make "good" choices (I help people and be a good person)....I geas I'm a chaotic good :P

So how do you roleplay?

I personally enjoy, how can I say, "themes" that I mentally wrap around my gaming character that are, at least in my mind, at a disadvantage. What that means is I really like playing characters that would be in that world at a distinct disadvantage in and of themselves, such as women, children, and old men. It creates a sort of Enchanted Overlay that really gets me in the mood. The one thing I can't roleplay is a young/attractive/muscular/athletic guy who would have all the advantages IF the world were "real".

I don't like the evil route, either. I simply cannot see it as "just a game" anymore *looks around for the men in white coats, bringing a special one for me*. I do see the fun of escapist murder and mayhem and hold nothing against those who go for that. I just see it as limited in its appeal, and wonder at my appearance in the mirror.

As for how this will hold up in Skyrim, we'll see what options they give us for characters. Some of my character preferences will obviously have to wait for mods to make them possible. I see the children option as difficult in Skyrim to imagine. Apocalyptic kids with guns is one thing, spells even, too, but swords...don't know about that one.

I always am myself, but I never play as myself, at least not how I am in this life.

I usually start off my games a "Conan the Barbarian" and play as if I am that character...resorting to fights with fists, swords and axe. I stay away from magic mostly but will use it when it benefits me...such as healing.

My next character is usually a stealthy assassin. From then on, it is whatever I think would be cool that I missed from the 1st characters...such as a battlemage but I rarely create a "pure" anything. Never a pure melee, never a pure mage, etc.

LHammonds

I find it hard to really roleplay some times. I like to try playing the chaotic type who just chops up anyone who displeases him, but I can't stand seeing that message you get from killing just about anyone in a Bethesda game: "_______ quest failed." It's hard to keep acting like you can do whatever you want when you know you're missing out on content because of it.

I enjoy roleplaying thief and stealth and adventurer type characters. :) I enjoy exploring a lot. And stealth, so my characters are all like that. Assassin/explorers are also pretty fun to RP too, as is being an ambitious and adventuring mage character:)

Also, all of my character usually end up being vampires. I really hope we can be a vampire in Skyrim and that they do it a lot better than they did in Oblivion. Vampires are just oozing with awesomeness. I have no idea why but I just LOVE playing one. The fact that I'm something feared and widely despised makes it even more appealing. So... I usually RPing as a thief/stealth/adventurer/mage/assassin vampire :D It's fun being in some position where things would probably go crazy if people discovered your little secret. Imagine if anyone found out the Archmage was a vamp :laugh:

The Dark Brotherhood obviously welcomes vampires and doesn't care if their leader is one, but I wonder what the honorable Blades would think if they found out their comrade was a vile "monster". Or what your fellow thieves would think of their fellow thief being a vampire, especially if it's their leader, the Grey Fox. Or what would happen if the head of the Fighter or Mage guilds discovered it.

Edited by Lehcar

I tend to roleplay as a Xena type character (bad girl gone good), or as a framed adventurer whose curiosity got the best of her. It's how I justify my characters starting out in prison.

I tend to join all factions and do everything with one character. But just because I'm a Dark Brotherhood assassin doesn't mean I go around murdering every NPC I can catch alone. A lot of the time, I'll start out simultaneously in DB and Thieves Guild, then move to Mages and Fighters Guilds and the Arena...going from sinister to good. Knights of the Nine wipes my Infamy away, and indicates that my character "found the light," so to speak.

I'll probably do Skyrim the same way.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Fun fact: I actualy only started to roleplay in Oblivion after I joined the Dark Brotherhood....because I really felt like I was playing a game up until that point...after that I REALLY got into the game.....hope Skyrim learns for Fallout the we dont like Good Quest and Bad Quest...we like quest that can end either way.......I also love playing vampire so lest hope the devs make a good vampire sistem

Fun fact: I actualy only started to roleplay in Oblivion after I joined the Dark Brotherhood....because I really felt like I was playing a game up until that point...after that I REALLY got into the game.....hope Skyrim learns for Fallout the we dont like Good Quest and Bad Quest...we like quest that can end either way.......I also love playing vampire so lest hope the devs make a good vampire sistem

I did the same thing! :biggrin:

Once I played through the DB questline, I thought "That's how I want my character to start out!" I've been playing that way ever since.

The DB was great. Here's hoping they return in Skyrim.

Edited by AurianaValoria1