Official Skyrim Demo

Fonger

I have an idea about how it could be implimented

You sort of have a dungeon where it shows you some basic things combat lockpicking some magic ETC could work really.

If there was a demo, it would be a very small portion of the game (perhaps half a square mile) with only a few armour types and weapons, probably only one race, a level 2 limit, a few types of enemies, a single tree standing by itself in the middle of nowhere, half a square metre of grass, two rocks and a burnt book. Maybe a bone.

What I'm saying is that if the developers did include all this stuff in a demo, they would be the only thing included. So you couldn't hack into the game and unlock the rest of the world just because it wasn't there. Removed. Not there at all. Oh man I sound like Merrill.

The demo (if there was going to be one) will probably be less than 300MB so that people can't do the rest of the game. It won't give you much to do but just get a general feel for the game. But then again, probably not. If you played the game with this much stuff you would think "OMG, what da heck did these guys do? There isn't even much stuff in this game. I'm not getting the game now!" or something.

In other words again; no demo.

• 4 weeks later...

A Skyrim demo would be quite the download :tongue:

I am not so sure that there would be one released. Maybe like billyro said, it would have to be a single zone just to test out combat, magic and animations. Probably wouldn't be all that fun or interactive for people, and since its coming out on console a demo like that wouldn't be appreciated by majority of the population.