Fallout 3 crashes

Heluris

Hello everyone,

I am having some issues with Fallout 3. I installed a few mods and now it crashes when I try to start it.

I think it has something to do with my load order :

Fallout3.esm

CRAFT.esm

CALIBR.esm

Project Beauty.esm

EVE.esm

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm

Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Alternate Travel.esp

DarNifiedUIF3.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers (automatics only).esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty (Followers Enhanced).esp

WeaponModKits.esp

WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp

EVE.esp

EVE - FWE Master Release.esp

EVE - FWE Master Release (Follower Enhanced).esp

EVE - FWE with WeaponModKits.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + Project Beauty.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp

MergedPatch.esp

Total active plugins: 28

Total plugins: 28

Is there something wrong with this?

Thanks!

You have a couple redundant esps there that need to be deactivated:

1. FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp and FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers (automatics only).esp are two versions of the same thing, just that one affects all weapons and one only affects automatics, hence the name. Pick one and kill the other.

2. Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp was integrated into the FOIP patch for MMM-FWE and therefore needs to be mercilessly killed. :pirate:

A couple other things that bear checking:

a. Make sure your version of DarnUI is a11. You can check it by loading to the menu screen and hovering your cursor over the little Fallout dude's face in the lower left corner.

b. While checking that, make sure you are on version 1.2 of FOSE and 1.7.0.3 of Fallout 3.

If none of that stuff helps, then just as a test try deactivating your merged patch and then these two mod files: EVE - FWE Master Release.esp and EVE - FWE Master Release (Follower Enhanced).esp. Then test it out. If suddenly you can load and run the game, then leave those two mod files deactivated and build a new merged patch, preferably a bashed patch.

Good luck!

Edited by proconsu1

Thanks for the reply!

Sadly, I've tried all your advice and noone worked. I keep getting the same problem :

Fallout 3 starts and I get the intro and so on, but I can't see my mouse and I can't

click to the main menu. When eventually (after the intro) I get there, I can't use my

mouse at all (don't even see it). When I try to exit Fallout 3 with task manager, it

crashes.

Any other ideas?

You installed everything from FOMODs? Well played, sir! :thumbsup: So take advantage of your incredible foresight in using an all-FOMOD installation method and:

1. Deactivate everything using the Package Manager in FOMM. Now quit FOMM and launch the game from Fallout's own launcher instead of FOSE. If that works, then....

2. Launch from FOSE. If that works, then....

3. Activate one whole mod and test again. If that works, then....

4. Repeat step 3 until something breaks. You will then have found the offender.

I would advise this order of reactivation:

a. DarnUI

b. PB

c. FWE (with its fix for DarnUI)

d. EVE (withOUT the FOIP)

e. FOIP for EVE-FOIP (my gut tells me you will run into a problem at this step)

f. WMK

g. FOIP for WMK

h. MMM

i. FOIP for MMM

If you get to the end of that sequence without the problem coming back, then download and install BOSS, use it to sort your load order, then make a new merged patch, preferably with Wrye Flash.

Edited by proconsu1

I also had a problem with the FOIP for EVE-FWE, when using EVE 097, FWE 6.03 and no Broken Steel. When I ran that combo with Broken Steel, the FOIP appeared to work ok, but without Broken Steel I could never get the menu to load. I was trying to test a config on my box for a buddy who does not have Broken Steel, so what I did to compensate was leave out that FOIP component and switch from using an FO3edit merged patch, which didn't seem to work so well there, to using a bashed patch made with Wrye Flash. That has run pretty well since. I suspect that since the FOIP was written for FWE 6.01 that one of the changes in 6.03 has broken the FOIP compatibility patch without completely fixing what that patch was made to fix.

As for your PB not appearing, dumb question but I have to ask it: have you tried deactivating and reactivating the PB esp FOMOD?

I may be able to help you with creating the Bashed File.

proconsul helped me a lot with this, and since you have a similar list, i believe i can just explain it with every detail on.

1) Disable Mart's Mutant Mod - Master Menu Module.esp, FWE has the menu built-in.

2) Your Alternate Travel.esp is tagged as an esm by the lastest FWE hotfix, you can return the tag back to esp by executing FO3MasterRestore.exe (FO3Edit.exe, rename it to FO3MasterRestore.exe or make a copy, and run it).

3) You are missing an esp, Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty + FWE.esp. You can find it within the Compatibility package from Project Beauty.

4) Download and install BOSS http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10193 ;

5) Download Wrye Python 03a, http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22368 and install it (basically it contains Python and a bunch of Python plugins required to run Wrye Bash/Flash).

6) Download Wrye Flash http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11336 , and put the Mopy and Extras folders in the Fallout 3 directory (same directory as Fallout3.exe).

7) Make sure all your desired mods are activated and then run the file Mopy/Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw.

8 ) In the Mods tab, click with the right button in the row description (File/Load/Rating), sort by Load Order, disable (uncheck) Lock times and enable (check) "Always Update BOSS Masterlist prior to running BOSS".

9) At the bottom of Wrye Flash, click the BOSS icon (Launch BOSS). This will sort your load order and tag your mods for the Bashed Patch. Also make sure to check the generated HTML log for any errors/conflicts.

10) Now re-enable Lock times, select the Bashed Patch esp (Bashed Patch, 0.esp), right click, and then select Rebuild Patch.

11) A list of mergeable mods to be disabled will show (A import mod list might aswell show, however, the only two esps that were required for me to import are not being used by you), take note of these mods and accept Wrye Flash to automatically disable them.

12) Check the Merge Patches box (left panel), and select every mod that Wrye Flash has deemed mergeable and were disabled (right panel).

13*Optional*) If you have any mods to import, than check every Import table and only select the mods Wrye Flash told you to import. Otherwise just leave all the import tables unchecked.

14) Select both Formids and Leveled List (left panel), and leave as Automatic (right panel).

15) Click build patch and activate it after it's done. Don't forget to remove your previous Merged Patch from FO3Edit.

While I'm not the most capable person here to help with mod issues, I've learned a lot thanks to proconsul, and i believe my little Wrye Flash tip will help you build the Bashed Patch.

I also had a problem with EVE FOIP with all DLCs installed, and while i could run the game with a Merged Patch, i noticed that most effects weren't being played.

PS: Don't run a MasterUpdate.

Edited by robx99