The worst part about Skyrim?

MarkQuinn

Double standards? It is apparently okay to assume that mages can shoot fireballs without burning their hands and it is fine that you can withstand several hits even when the attacker wields a greatsword bigger than him or you can have a tiny ring that increases your armor value or resistances without covering every inch of your body with thick armor plating, but when it is a revealing outfit, suddenly certain people are up in arms and cry for 'realism' or - as some other players put it - 'plausibility'.

You just have to assume that the outfit has some inherent magical property that creates an invisible barrier that acts like heavy armor or provides cold resistance. It's not more implausible than surviving several arrow hits puncturing your chest.

M'lady while I agree with everything you say, you madam, have been trolled. :sick:

Excellent points, Pushkatu and LadyMilla. I personally go brrrr....when I see a snowy environment (and we had plenty of it this winter where I am) and reach for my sheepskin boots and woollies, which is why my toons do the same. Personal taste. By the same token, weather permitting I wear something more relaxed and light, and when I bathe/sleep I get 'em off (my clothes, that is). And so do my toons, since Bethesda undies ain't exactly Victoria's Secret.

Skimpy armor mods are no more implausible than the combat in certain games - like the very idea of some of the more athletic combat and dual wielding that we see in Dragon Age II for example, or in any game where the typical archer build tends to be a wispy little elf who could never draw a longbow to any effect. It's great fun, but is no more likely to have happened in a real battle than a girl in a bikini armor. These are GAMES, remember!

It's all about taste, no matter how we put it. While I do like debating about things in a polite and mature way, this subject is so undebateble that I see no reason why people should point fingers. We all play and mod this game the way we like it. I think about it like this: every single copy of Oblivion( but mostly the PC versions) becomes a unique and diversed universe in wich people do things the way they like. So stick to your own universe and make it to suit your needs and let others do the same. :)

M'lady while I agree with everything you say, you madam, have been trolled. :sick:

Haha, I know and I've even reported the OP for posting a flamebait before I saw that Buddah chose to add his two-cent worth instead of locking the thread. And then I decided to follow his lead. :biggrin:

Anyway, Pushkatu is right: it is a matter of personal taste.

Yes, it is a matter of taste and aesthetics.....no opinions are right or wrong, it is just an opinion, nothing more. But it has driven a rather lively and informed civilized discussion.

I dare say they'll also be running and swimming in heavy armour, something that makes as much sense as the bikini armours do. It's a world where cats and lizards talk, people throw fire, ice and lightening from their hands, dead people walk around, you can buy jewelry that doubles up as an aqualung or lets you walk on water. If people want logic from their games they really should avoid the Elder Scrolls completely, the rest of us can enjoy it for it is. Anyway it's a single player game, if my character runs around in a cocktail dress with a wedding cake on her head it won't make any difference to anybody elses game. Live and live.

I just click past those ridiculous skimpy armor mods since I mostly play in 1st person. Still, it happens that I do an involuntary rolleyes.gif when seeing the more egregious examples of microbikini armors, tentacle rape and anorexic body mods.

I'm looking forward to some more "Fur Armor" mods, as well as clothing mods that will make sense (i.e. a fur robe like in Bloodmoon).

That being said, skimpy armor is personal taste. I personally don't like it, but that's just me. Playing TES games in third person is rather... well, to put it bluntly, brutal.

I would think that steel and iron armor would get rather cold, incredibly quickly in a place like Skyrim... Maybe they have a built in heating element (the same goes for the skimpy armor. Although I can't seem to think of where said heating element would be placed... :rolleyes: ).