modding ideas?

huntsman2310

removing mysticism means nothing since all they did was move the spells to other classes.

about them changing the amount of skills it happens every elder scrolls game i dont know why people are surprised by this.

"Oblivion was streamlined and funner to play then morrowind" there fixed that for you.

next up the spears and crossbow i dont see how this makes the game simpler just less items are in the game and since skyrim's combat will be MUCH more deeper then it was in morrowind and skyrim i fail to see how removing 2 weapon types makes morrowind deeper then skyrim.

"Magika didn't regenerate in morrowind making potions much harder to get" i know wasnt that annoying?! glad it was removed.

"In oblivion a fighter character could use a fire spell while in morrowind spells and potions could fail at making." only part i agree with

Won't give up on convincing you.

Armor is divided into many parts making it possible for more custom looks. More weapon types gives more chance for different character type. You would more likely see a theif with a throwing knife then a huge bow.

Short answer ?

Some people would like it.

Long answer ?

The depth and involvement of Morrowind somewhat blows most new releases away.

Morrowind with the latest graphic capabilities would blow most new releases clean out of the water.

Also, if people keep asking for it, maybe theres something in it, now if Bethesda announced that they were releasing a totally reworked Morrowind, I know for a fact that I'd buy it, and I think a lot of the Nexus would be stood in the queue with me.

As much as I'd love to see Morrowind in a newer and more improved engine, let's be realistic here.

Bethesda is hardly going to spend huge amounts of money and man hours on remaking Morrowind. I'm fairly sure the board of directors at ZeniMax already have plans for for how to make money on the next installment in the TES series. People asking for a remake won't change things, large game companies are known for not giving a rat's arse about what fans want.

As much as I'd love to see Morrowind in a newer and more improved engine, let's be realistic here.

Bethesda is hardly going to spend huge amounts of money and man hours on remaking Morrowind. I'm fairly sure the board of directors at ZeniMax already have plans for for how to make money on the next installment in the TES series. People asking for a remake won't change things, large game companies are known for not giving a rat's arse about what fans want.

You asked "why do people keep requesting etc"

My answer remains the same.

As for being realistic about it I know as well as you do that Bethesda remaking Morrowind is 99.9999% certain to never happen, but that wasn't what you asked was it ?

Since both you and I know that any Morrowind remake by Bethesda isn't going to happen, we should take it upon ourselves to explain the futility of requesting remakes to anyone who posts such requests. :thumbsup:

What gives us the right to piddle on other peoples strawberries, besides, it wouldn't stop people wanting it. I'm pretty certain that it would never happen, but I still want it to.

Philosophical mode on:

If wishes were horses then everybody could ride, but that doesn't stop people wishing.

Philosophical mode off.

• 2 weeks later...

Modding ideas?

Difficult as we haven't seen the game nor it's creationset

I'm asuming a scriptextender will be available sometime after skyrims release, so modding possibilities could improve as time goes by.

I would think pilotable boats or ships might be fun, if fishing is supposed to be in, then a rowboat would be needed. I enjoyed fishing from a rowboat in Oblivion.

I think a realisme mode could work for skyrim.

Besides the obvious gold and arrows having weight and you having the need to eat regularly and seek a healer for your worst wounds, I think the cold should be made a factor as well.

(Not quite the same implementation as radiation in Fallout3 though.)

The cold areas, the glaciers and snowy mountains should have an diminishing effect on your amount of health/fatigue/strength when you're in those areas. (And have no effect in warmer territories.)

Then clothes and armor should have a stat indicating how good isolation they provide against the cold.

So to have full health/fatigue/strength in an cold area the player needs to wear warm clothes or warm armor.

This would then make the nord race better suited for the environement than others as I believe lore have them being somewhat naturally resistant to frost.

Of course a resist frost spell would favor magicians and enchanted armors that help against the cold might be what any warrior type

should desire.

Here is an idea for a quest,

using the radiantstory feature, have random people come asking the player if they can borrow money.

After a few days they repay the player with interest thus making it profitable.

But some day one of the people who borrowed money from you goes missing.

He's been abducted. Radiant story will pick the person.

After investigating the disappearence, the player find the location of the missing person, the person is alive.

The player then discovers that this individual borrowed money from the player to pay off some other debt to a gangster

who live in a cave (again picked by the radiantstory feature thingy).

The player does what you can expect and kills the gangster and uncovers the gangsters treasure, and gets stinking rich... end of quest mod.

• 4 weeks later...

Modding ideas?

Difficult as we haven't seen the game nor it's creationset

I'm asuming a scriptextender will be available sometime after skyrims release, so modding possibilities could improve as time goes by.

I would think pilotable boats or ships might be fun, if fishing is supposed to be in, then a rowboat would be needed. I enjoyed fishing from a rowboat in Oblivion.

I think a realisme mode could work for skyrim.

Besides the obvious gold and arrows having weight and you having the need to eat regularly and seek a healer for your worst wounds, I think the cold should be made a factor as well.

(Not quite the same implementation as radiation in Fallout3 though.)

The cold areas, the glaciers and snowy mountains should have an diminishing effect on your amount of health/fatigue/strength when you're in those areas. (And have no effect in warmer territories.)

Then clothes and armor should have a stat indicating how good isolation they provide against the cold.

So to have full health/fatigue/strength in an cold area the player needs to wear warm clothes or warm armor.

This would then make the nord race better suited for the environement than others as I believe lore have them being somewhat naturally resistant to frost.

Of course a resist frost spell would favor magicians and enchanted armors that help against the cold might be what any warrior type

should desire.

Here is an idea for a quest,

using the radiantstory feature, have random people come asking the player if they can borrow money.

After a few days they repay the player with interest thus making it profitable.

But some day one of the people who borrowed money from you goes missing.

He's been abducted. Radiant story will pick the person.

After investigating the disappearence, the player find the location of the missing person, the person is alive.

The player then discovers that this individual borrowed money from the player to pay off some other debt to a gangster

who live in a cave (again picked by the radiantstory feature thingy).

The player does what you can expect and kills the gangster and uncovers the gangsters treasure, and gets stinking rich... end of quest mod.

good ideas except for maybe money having weight (do people really want to make a fantasy game realistic?)

A dragonshout allowing one to change into a dragon is already quite necessary.

Anyways, anyone think Skyrim's gonna need it's own version of Midas Magic? Who else agrees with me that they'd love to change into one of Skyrim's wolves, or summon up a ring of fire using Skyrim's graphics?

Edited by InuyashaFE

Anyways, anyone think Skyrim's gonna need it's own version of Midas Magic? Who else agrees with me that they'd love to change into one of Skyrim's wolves, or summon up a ring of fire using Skyrim's graphics?

who woulda thought someone named Inuyasha wants a spell to turn in to a wolf?!

I think that this is gona be a major focus for mods in Skyrim from the get-go. With all those different words for dragon shouts it's like we are being asked to make more. Plus with the spell combos that are going on now....the possibilities seem limitless!