Heard that level scaling sucks. I think it is. Best mod to remove it?

VGI

This mod is a bit wild and dangerous: Brasher's Oblivion Overhaul It removes the leveling and makes the spawns random. So your poor little level 1 character might encounter an Ogre or Minotaur and have to run away, and your level 45 demigod might encounter a Rat and kill it with a single blow. Edited by David Brasher

FCOM and the mod's it integrates are world-changing mods that hand place fixed-level mobs. If you're just looking to change the leveling experience there are mods like Oblivion XP, KCAS, and nGCD. Then there is Progress, which adjusts the way skills are gained while the previous mods mentioned will change the way levels and attributes are leveled. Personally I use a combination of nGCD and Progress.

Since I am painfully "Oblivion Modding Illiterate" What exactly is nGCD and where do I find it? I don't really care about the leveling experience. I just refuse to micromanage my leveling. That isn't fun to me. I also don't want my character to become so weak by my neglect of micromanagement that he get's it handed to him every fight. And I don't want my enemies to keep getting stronger as I do. What's the fun in that? Why level?

I need a "Leveling for Dummies" thread. Just tell me where to look and I'll browse them, but I don't even know where to start. I would greatly appreciate a starting polnt- a search term, a link. I played through Morrowind and completely modded it out, but these mods are so much more complicated than my Morrowind mods were. And I think the leveling in Morrowind must have been different.

Thanks- and sorry for asking so many questions. I've been searching threads on leveling, but I don't understand half of what I'm reading.

suzy

What I find is that having to spam a spell, hop everywhere, or let a group of rats wail on me for a while just to get decent stat bonuses at level up is the most annoying thing in the world. Isn't there a mod that changes the level up stat bonuses to +5 so that all you have to do is pick three instead of this grinding away at your minor skills like that? Don't get me wrong, skills are important, but I shouldn't have to do so many hours of prep work before allowing myself to use my main skills in order to gain one level.

What I find is that having to spam a spell, hop everywhere, or let a group of rats wail on me for a while just to get decent stat bonuses at level up is the most annoying thing in the world. Isn't there a mod that changes the level up stat bonuses to +5 so that all you have to do is pick three instead of this grinding away at your minor skills like that? Don't get me wrong, skills are important, but I shouldn't have to do so many hours of prep work before allowing myself to use my main skills in order to gain one level.

Here ya go.

Here ya go.

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

• 3 years later...

Sorry about resing this thread, but I think I might be interested in the mod linked here, but since it's not named, I don't know what mod it is. Dose anyone know what mod is linked here? The link just takes me to the front page of nexusmods and running a search for "2691" dosn't give me anything.

To coin a phrase from HeyYou ... here you go.

Back when the last site upgrade happened they broke all the older links. The mod numbers haven't changed so the old link http://www.tesnexus.com/mods/2691 needs to be changed to http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/2691 .

Edited by Striker879