AWOP (full of "poo poo"?)

djmystro

Was wondering where you are at on VA. I saw on your description page that you are starting work on the VA side of things, which is exciting news. For me, I like mods with some story to them, but then I like mods such as yours that add areas, but you also add various stories of your own, which I think is fantastic. As you asked, what I personally would like to see is the complete, fully voiced main quest for your mod! I will look back on the main page for info, because I remember seeing that you need VAs(I think lol), and would like to throw in support if that is the case. I still eed to get my mic from storage lol, since there is no way I am using this integrated POS mic! Also, another cool thing you did was the weapon and armor varient Ms. What would be cool to go along with a mod like this is some original weapons(new mesh files and tex files for brand new guns). Maybe you can pull them from modder resources, since there are a lot of gun mods out there. My preferance is more of the energy weapon/awesome tech that the Fallout universe explores. So original energy weapons would be awesome! I do not personally like the modern weapon mods, since it kinda of leads away from the awesome weapon styles that Fallout has been known for. Hope this feedback helps!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said on the comments thread, I think this is truly excellent. Don't worry about the snipey comments from some people, this is simply comfirmation that you are succeeding. The higher you rise, the easier it is for people to take pot-shots at you.

And about the mod not catching up to NV Bounties, well, the competition is stiff for sure, but you are in exhaulted company there.

No mod gets downloaded as much as that one, so you're not alone there.

But, maybe, if you released a youtube trailer of the mod, movie style, some good old advertising could maybe change all that.

And as it stands, your mod is actually the 8th most endorsed download in the entire series. More endorsed even than any Fallout 3 mod as well.

However, if there is constructive criticism, the main ones would be:

> Too much loot everywhere. I know you're the modder, and that's what you personally like, but man there's a LOT of ammo/chems everywhere. Gameplay balance suffers because of it, even after v5. I have installed the low-loot patch, but not tried it yet.

> The M weapons. Because, its like the original versions are crap now. If the M weapons had say a different mesh or texture, I could learn to love both the original and M versions of the weapons, but when it's just a more powerful but identical version, those weapons feel a bit cheaty.

> No voices. I enjoyed meeting the couple of npc's who were willing to talk, but text is only text and is not a substitute for speech. I'll do speech for you if you wanted to do that.

Going back to the loot thing, I found that coming across impressive vistas such as Trappers Pass or The Abyss was far more rewarding than plundering more ammo. That's what I see as your main strength. I think the idea of a grimy underground world-within-a-world is awesome, and you should focus on extending those tunnels and caverns further. Have you ever played the Underdark mod for Oblivion? It apparently does much the same thing, and also adding stuff like exotic underground species of giant mushroom, and caverns so large that they appear almost to be an outdoor area with a black sky, but is merely the murky cavern roof.

Good stuff man, keep going :)

Edited by tizerist