Wyre bash problems

OleWilliams

While I am at it.

A unrelated problem. Is that while make OMODS in OBMM I can get the job done most of the time. But for the mod " DarkUI Darn " it downloads as a file instead of a archive. And I cannot move that file from the download bar. When I try to use the create a OMOD function it does not show as a downloaded archive, folder, or file, and I am not sure how to get it out of the download section. If I could do that I could create it in a few seconds.

Update on this.

In my folder " C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Mopy " Where the launcher is. " " Wyre Bash Launcher " still does nothing. But for some reason when I double click on " DebugLog(python2.6) " It will launch. But only if I allow a black screen to stay up. It exits when I close it. I think this is a problem still though.

You would probably be farther ahead in the long run to do a complete uninstall and then start out fresh in C:\Games\Oblivion\... and avoid any problems associated with the Microsoft security feature UAC.

I haven't been using OBMM to manage my load order. I have used BOSS while both OBMM and Wrye Bash are closed. After I do that when I go into OBMM the mods are put in perfect order. But in Wrye Bash they don't order at all. And Bash Patch is the first esp in the list. And I have unchecked locked times.

I used Wrye Bash a lot when I used to mod. And I don't remember this happening to me. I know how to add in mods in boss .. etc. But so far all of mine are recognized and they are all FCOM related for the most part.

All I need to get this underway is to have wrye bash recognize the BOSS load order changes. I have even run BOSS out of Wrye Bash and it still does not change it's load order.

Right click the File tab and select 'Sort By' >> 'Load Order'.

While I am at it.

A unrelated problem. Is that while make OMODS in OBMM I can get the job done most of the time. But for the mod " DarkUI Darn " it downloads as a file instead of a archive. And I cannot move that file from the download bar. When I try to use the create a OMOD function it does not show as a downloaded archive, folder, or file, and I am not sure how to get it out of the download section. If I could do that I could create it in a few seconds.

There is an OMOD ready made in the DarkUId DarN downloads. Simply place it in your \Oblivion\obmm\mods\ folder.

I am decompressing a big mod into a OMOD currently so I will try that on Wrye Bash in a few minutes.

On the second issue I know you need to move OMODS to that folder but the problem is ( at least on windows 7 ) is that a download bar will pop up. With all of your downloads in it. And it refuses to let you drag out any of the files from there. I can get files out in archives by opening them up them moving them. But when it is just a file like it is with this OMOD and not in a archive I cannot pull it out of the download bar and I cannot copy/paste.. etc. It's probably a noobish question and I remember I got around this by doing some weird stuff but I have completely forgot about it and might as well find out how to do it the correct way.

Do not use OBMM to order your mods. Do not have OBMM open when running BOSS. Do not use OBMM to tidy up things. Do not use OBMM for anything other than installing OMODs and possibly extracting/creating .bsa files. OBMM will mess thing up good if you leave it open, as it does not do it's housekeeping until the application is closed.

Use OBMM to do anything you need to do with it, and then CLOSE IT.

Next, use BOSS (get used to using the 'update masterlist' function. If you have any mods that are not recognized by BOSS, use your userlist.txt (if you don't have one, create it in the BOSS folder). Read the BOSS readme for more details.

Next, build your Bashed Patch according to this:

When you press 'Rebuild Patch', make sure that you check the following:

Merge Patches

Import ... [Go through each 'import' option and if there's a mod, not csv in the right window, check it, and the Import... option.]

Cobl Catalogs [ONLY if you use Cobl]

Contents Checker

Leveled Lists

Race Records

SEWorld Tests [ONLY if you have Shivering Isles installed]

The Globals and Tweaks are optional, but should not be checked unless you know what you are doing, and should be left alone while you are troubleshooting. Everything else should be left unchecked UNLESS you know that you need it.

Lastly, if you use mods that change viewable objects (rocks, trees, buildings etc), run TES4LODGen. It is important that you do things in this order.

Are those things the ONLY things I check? Or are those just the required things. Do I need to check merge actors .. etc ( using FCOM )

If you don't know what a .csv is you do not need to check any in your patch. You will see some in 'Import Names'. The only one in there that is safe to check without knowing what you are doing is Guard_Names.csv, which will import a list of guard names to your patch, so that town guards will have meaningful names, instead of 'Town Guard'.

There is no merge actors. Actors come under 'Import'. I think my guide is self explanatory in that respect.